New users welcome

Introduce yourself here
skmcconnell361

Re: New users welcome

Post by skmcconnell361 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:18 am

Hello, I have been a flight simmer sense, Sublogic Flight simulator on the Commodore 64. I know I just show my age there LOL. I have used mostly Microsoft Flight Simulator all the way through FSX: Steam Edition. After Windows 10 April update FSX Steam stop working and I switched over to P3Dv4.

I had X-Plane since version 9 but only used version 9 and 10 once in a great while when I needed to focus on aircraft handling and not worry that much about lack of airports compared to MSFS. Also, I found VFR flight almost impossible in X-Plane 10 and Prior. I always felt that X-Plane hade the better flight models or dynamics, but the MSFS was the clear winner in the scenery department. I have long wished that there was a way to merge X-Planes flight dynamics with FSX scenery. After X-Plane 11 came out, I found VFR flight in my local area possible. Meaning I could take off and follow the Missouri River and Find the lake that is right next to my home town airport. The Runway was there in 9 and 10 but the lake was not. I also found other natural landmarks that served as VFR check Points. then I discovered the Prefab Scenery for 25000 airports, X-Plane 11 plus the Prefab Scenery is pretty close to what I have long wished for. Now P3Dv4 and XP11 are competing for my simulator time.

ATC in X-Plane has been a non-starter as far as I was concerned, I would fly without other traffic or ATC or use Xsquawkbox. only used 124thATC a couple of times so far which is twice as much as I have used the horrible default ATC. At least 124thATC seam like something I can use for offline flights.

jaws1948

Post by jaws1948 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi all
I just made the move from P3D to X-Plane after flying P3D, FSX, FS9,..., all the way back to FS2. 124thATC very nicely fills the ATC gap as the stock X-Plane ATC leaves much to be desired. Thanks to the 124th developers for this fine addon.
Mike

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:18 am

skmcconnell361 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:18 am
Hello, I have been a flight simmer sense, Sublogic Flight simulator on the Commodore 64. I know I just show my age there LOL. I have used mostly Microsoft Flight Simulator all the way through FSX: Steam Edition. After Windows 10 April update FSX Steam stop working and I switched over to P3Dv4.

I had X-Plane since version 9 but only used version 9 and 10 once in a great while when I needed to focus on aircraft handling and not worry that much about lack of airports compared to MSFS. Also, I found VFR flight almost impossible in X-Plane 10 and Prior. I always felt that X-Plane hade the better flight models or dynamics, but the MSFS was the clear winner in the scenery department. I have long wished that there was a way to merge X-Planes flight dynamics with FSX scenery. After X-Plane 11 came out, I found VFR flight in my local area possible. Meaning I could take off and follow the Missouri River and Find the lake that is right next to my home town airport. The Runway was there in 9 and 10 but the lake was not. I also found other natural landmarks that served as VFR check Points. then I discovered the Prefab Scenery for 25000 airports, X-Plane 11 plus the Prefab Scenery is pretty close to what I have long wished for. Now P3Dv4 and XP11 are competing for my simulator time.

ATC in X-Plane has been a non-starter as far as I was concerned, I would fly without other traffic or ATC or use Xsquawkbox. only used 124thATC a couple of times so far which is twice as much as I have used the horrible default ATC. At least 124thATC seam like something I can use for offline flights.
jaws1948 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi all
I just made the move from P3D to X-Plane after flying P3D, FSX, FS9,..., all the way back to FS2. 124thATC very nicely fills the ATC gap as the stock X-Plane ATC leaves much to be desired. Thanks to the 124th developers for this fine addon.
Mike

Very welcome in the forum guys!!!
124thATC Developer

LarryGer

Post by LarryGer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Hello
Wonderful addon for Xplane! Thank you for the effort.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:51 pm

LarryGer wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:45 pm
Hello
Wonderful addon for Xplane! Thank you for the effort.
Hi LarryGer, many thanks, and welcome in the forum!
a.
124thATC Developer

oncleseb

Post by oncleseb » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi,
My name is Sebastien, 46y old, young simmer on XP11, living in the vicinity of Lyon, East of France.
Engineer in aeronautics, private pilote when I was young, I've been using XP11 for less than 1 year.
I always try to understand to analyse, how it works… and, not a surprise, I prefer to take some time to understand by myself rather than asking thousands of question on blogs.

I like VFR (astonishing landscapes thanks to Photoreal Ortho4XP) but appreciate a lot IFR, my dream !
In this cas, I'm convinced reality is best with ATC, and I appreciate ATC !
(I did not test on-line ATC like IVAO at this time).
I would like to help our community to improve 124thATC.Got ideas.

Favorite planes are private ones : DR401 and DA62 from Aerobask and Hotstart TBM900 !
No airliners today ; perhaps A350 when I will find a good one.

Do you think I can help you ?
Thanks for your answer.
Friendly,
Sebastien

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:21 pm

oncleseb wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:05 pm
Hi,
My name is Sebastien, 46y old, young simmer on XP11, living in the vicinity of Lyon, East of France.
Engineer in aeronautics, private pilote when I was young, I've been using XP11 for less than 1 year.
I always try to understand to analyse, how it works… and, not a surprise, I prefer to take some time to understand by myself rather than asking thousands of question on blogs.

I like VFR (astonishing landscapes thanks to Photoreal Ortho4XP) but appreciate a lot IFR, my dream !
In this cas, I'm convinced reality is best with ATC, and I appreciate ATC !
(I did not test on-line ATC like IVAO at this time).
I would like to help our community to improve 124thATC.Got ideas.

Favorite planes are private ones : DR401 and DA62 from Aerobask and Hotstart TBM900 !
No airliners today ; perhaps A350 when I will find a good one.

Do you think I can help you ?
Thanks for your answer.
Friendly,
Sebastien
Hi Sebastien, welcome in the forum.
Any help is appreciated. If you like, you can collaborate testing the last release candite build. You can find further info in this thread : )

Antonello
124thATC Developer

oncleseb

Post by oncleseb » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi Antonello,
already downloaded.... test tonight !
Thanx
Sebastien

Sonosusto

Post by Sonosusto » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Been using the stable release off and on for the last year. I am now trying RC 36 and can't wait to try it out.
I would love to help beta test for this plug in.
Currently using navigraph, active sky, world traffic 3 and ultra weather. I want to see how well this all integrates or at least can improve it.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Sonosusto wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 pm
Been using the stable release off and on for the last year. I am now trying RC 36 and can't wait to try it out.
I would love to help beta test for this plug in.
Currently using navigraph, active sky, world traffic 3 and ultra weather. I want to see how well this all integrates or at least can improve it.
Welcome in the forum Sonosusto : )
124thATC Developer

2E1ILH

Post by 2E1ILH » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 am

Hi guys, ATC124th is a great plugin and only getting better, I am a flight simmer from the ZX spectrum days to FSX and now Xplane 11.I fly the zibo 737 mostly Europe and UK. I am keen on try out the RC6037 and see if I get crashes etc. I am also going to try the SimBrief python plugin as I use SimBrief for my flight planner.

Keep up the good work

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 am

Hi 2E1ILH,
welcome in the forum, and thanks for your words!

a.
124thATC Developer

sinonquoi

Post by sinonquoi » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi all,

I've been simming since FS2000 probably, now using X-Plane, mostly GA (Hotstart TBM is amazingly good!)

Being a fairly recent convert from FSX I was missing some decent ATC on X-Plane 11. I tried some payware but wasn't convinced, I think 124th ATC has got great potential and is already pretty good as is. Keep up the good work!

Best regards!

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 am

sinonquoi wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:57 pm
Hi all,

I've been simming since FS2000 probably, now using X-Plane, mostly GA (Hotstart TBM is amazingly good!)

Being a fairly recent convert from FSX I was missing some decent ATC on X-Plane 11. I tried some payware but wasn't convinced, I think 124th ATC has got great potential and is already pretty good as is. Keep up the good work!

Best regards!
Hi sinonquoi. Thanks so much for your words, and for introducing yourself.
Welcome on board :)

Antonello
124thATC Developer

86abaile

Post by 86abaile » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:53 am

Hello,
I'm quite new to civilian sims having come from DCS. I jumped straight into X-plane and am having a blast so far; but I wanted to take it further, so I'm using 124th to help train myself on basic ATC interaction before jumping into something like vatsim (when the phone line gets fixed and the internet stops dropping, lol).