New users welcome

Introduce yourself here
ntnll
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: New users welcome

Post by ntnll » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:07 am

86abaile wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:53 am
Hello,
I'm quite new to civilian sims having come from DCS. I jumped straight into X-plane and am having a blast so far; but I wanted to take it further, so I'm using 124th to help train myself on basic ATC interaction before jumping into something like vatsim (when the phone line gets fixed and the internet stops dropping, lol).
Welcome 86abaile ;)
124thATC Developer

Geoffcfp
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:27 am

Re: New users welcome

Post by Geoffcfp » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi

A recent discoverer of this program and really like it. Some of the techie stuff does get to me a bit though :-)

Been simmer since Sub Logic FS days on a Commodore 64 and briefly had a PPL over 55 years ago. Did not pursue for financial reasons and having to get glasses after I got the license. Moved to XP and loving it after Dovetail messed up things with Steam and my FSX.

One thing I have noticed based on your updated manual, I do NOT have any earth.dat files in the navdata folders where my CIFP folder is. Recently imported the latest CIFP from the FAA website.

Suggestions.

User avatar
LordTux
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:19 am
Location: Brasil

Re: New users welcome

Post by LordTux » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:36 am

Hello everyone

I am simmer since version 9 of Xplane; currently with version 11.

I recently discovered the 124thATC plugin and I'm really enjoying it.

ntnll
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: New users welcome

Post by ntnll » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:26 am

Welcome @Geoffcfp and @LordTux !!! Thanks for introduce yourself guys, always a nice thing.

a.
124thATC Developer

User avatar
LordTux
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:19 am
Location: Brasil

Re: New users welcome

Post by LordTux » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm

ntnll wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:26 am
Welcome @Geoffcfp and @LordTux !!! Thanks for introduce yourself guys, always a nice thing.

a.
Hello Antonello

I'm an old programmer and started with Cobol and Pascal and this in the late 80's.
In one of the VAs I attended, I was part of the staff and developed a software to make our Acars, using delphi.

I am interested in studying the 124thATC plugin code and if possible participate in its development.
If you are able to make the code available for study and interest in development assistance, please let me know.

Else, do you use any means for version control, like GIT?

thank you for your attention

ntnll
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: New users welcome

Post by ntnll » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:24 pm

LordTux wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm
ntnll wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:26 am
Welcome @Geoffcfp and @LordTux !!! Thanks for introduce yourself guys, always a nice thing.

a.
Hello Antonello

I'm an old programmer and started with Cobol and Pascal and this in the late 80's.
In one of the VAs I attended, I was part of the staff and developed a software to make our Acars, using delphi.

I am interested in studying the 124thATC plugin code and if possible participate in its development.
If you are able to make the code available for study and interest in development assistance, please let me know.

Else, do you use any means for version control, like GIT?

thank you for your attention
Hello!
Thanks for your interesting, but the project is not open, just free. There are other developers offering their help, I'll definitely take in consideration your contribute, if I'll decide to open the project to other developers.

Cheers, a.
124thATC Developer

Sierra50
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Re: New users welcome

Post by Sierra50 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Hello All,

Just landed upon this plugin and can't wait to give it a whirl. Always looking for alternatives. I am currently using X-Life Deluxe and get frustrated with getting FMC to play nice.

ntnll
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: New users welcome

Post by ntnll » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Sierra50 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:32 pm
Hello All,

Just landed upon this plugin and can't wait to give it a whirl. Always looking for alternatives. I am currently using X-Life Deluxe and get frustrated with getting FMC to play nice.
Welcome Sierra50! :)
124thATC Developer

scooke
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Re: New users welcome

Post by scooke » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm Steve. Long time flight simmer. I love all the heavies & used to be a real-life ATC many many years ago...before GPS came along! :)
I have spent a bit of time on this wonderful 124th ATC from when Antonello took over it & made it into a great addon.
I've been away from flight simming for a while. But now I'm back & hope to contribute here in any way possible.

Cheers,

Steve

ntnll
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: New users welcome

Post by ntnll » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:07 am

scooke wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:05 pm
Hi all,

I'm Steve. Long time flight simmer. I love all the heavies & used to be a real-life ATC many many years ago...before GPS came along! :)
I have spent a bit of time on this wonderful 124th ATC from when Antonello took over it & made it into a great addon.
I've been away from flight simming for a while. But now I'm back & hope to contribute here in any way possible.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi Steve, welcome !!

a.
124thATC Developer

Atlas
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:28 pm

Re: New users welcome

Post by Atlas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:30 pm

Hi!

New civilian flight simmer here and got frustrated with the XP11 ATC and got directed to this plugin. Having issues with using it, so hoping for some help here. Thanks!

PicoPeck
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:05 am

New users welcome

Post by PicoPeck » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 am

Using Zibo a lot and VR, is 124th ATC useable in VR? I have tried the latest RC but only get a blank 124th ATC window

LouRoth
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 am

Re: New users welcome

Post by LouRoth » Fri May 15, 2020 11:37 am

Hello everybody!
I'm Luca and I usually fly on X-Plane.
I'm an aviation geek since I was born and I fly (or controlling) with simulators since about 20 years or so.
In the past I was on IVAO with a virtual airline called VirtualiRoma (callsign VAR396), now I prefer to fly with different airlines.
Anyway, I was looking for a better ATC service (the Xplane ATC sucks :lol: ) and I found 124thATC 8-) so here I am!
cheers!
p.s.
I love to fly with 737 (I currently use the Zibo)

Post Reply