Multivoice with Ivona voices

Any problem or bug related to 124thATC
ntnll

Re: Multivoice with Ivona voices

Post by ntnll » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:10 am

RandomUser wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:47 pm
I only ever got Mark, Eva, Zira and David to run for voice output in 124th. Even the other voices from Microsoft-supplied language packs, like Hazel or Sean, only worked in Windows 10's "Speech" menu when I tried them.

The main registry locations for installed voices seem to be:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech_OneCore\Voices\Tokens
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\SPEECH\Voices\Tokens\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Speech_OneCore\Voices\Tokens\
"Sean", for example, shows up at 3 out of 4 locations, the 4th one being "WOW6432Node\Microsoft\SPEECH\Voices\Tokens\". This is not where 124th looks, but it might play a role.

It might help if the entire registry path to the TTS voice could be set in voices.txt to help debug this.
\
\
\
\
- Edit: Can somebody find out where P2ATC looks for voices in the registry?
Because if Ivona voices work in P2ATC, they should also work in 124th.
And apparently P2ATC requires the 64bit version of an Ivona (or any other) voice.
I believe you can be affected by this bug. I'll make further tests as soon I'll find a minute.

a.

RandomUser

Post by RandomUser » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 pm

ntnll wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:10 am
I believe you can be affected by this bug. I'll make further tests as soon I'll find a minute.
Yup, looks like it.

But as I've said, letting users define the entire registry path in voices.txt would make things somewhat easier for them and you.

johnbla

Post by johnbla » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 am

ntnll wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi John,
is definitely strange. Please confirm the following:

- is the atis audible if you set the atis frequency (you can use the frequency selector dialog)? Which voice do you hear?
- is at least the main voice working in 124thATC?
- have been any other not Ivona voices worked in 124thATC as main voices or ATC voice?

a.
a,
The atis is audible. It is using a Microsoft voice. I have an Ivona voice set as the voice selection in text to speech (as per my previous post), however my speech language dialogue box which has a drop down box for "change the default voice for apps" is only showing MS voices, strange.

The main voice is working, it is a MS voice. I have only managed to hear the default MS voices in 124th.
BTY, the voices are located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens.

John

johnbla

Post by johnbla » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:10 am

Anyone get this working properly?