Data xchange between XP11 FMS and 124thATC v2.0-a60

Support for any problem or bug related to 124thATC
vittop

Data xchange between XP11 FMS and 124thATC v2.0-a60

Post by vittop » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi Antonello, I have started using bigger planes, such as the Laminar 737 fitted with the X-Plane FMS. First of all, I have created a .fms flight plane using Skyvector's NavLog output and then this tool

https://x-planetools.com/fltawareparser.html

to convert it into a .fms file, which I successfully imported into XP FMS. I then used the XP FMS to select VNAV (i only choose FL160) and DEP/ARR to choose SID/STAR approach and runways for landing. My flight was KPAE -> KAST, t/o from 16R and landing on 26 ILS app. I then used the option to import flight plan from FMS into 124thATC, with some unexpected result I would like to verify with you:

1) the following list of waypoints was loaded into 124thATC: (KPAE) RW16R.FL.5 KPAE LOFAL ARPEE JUVGA.FL.160 CARRO.FL.160 OLM.FL.160 OZEYO.FL.160 RINDS.FL.160 CETUV.FL.160 HEVOL.FL.140 KAST.FL.89 DISCON.FL.64 ZINKY.FL.40 JUNSA RW26.FL.0 1500.FL.15 AST AST KAST.FL.0 (KAST). This was not accepted by 124thATC since as you can see it contains departure and arrival airports (KPAE, KAST) and it shouldn't. But the big surprise is that also "KAST.FL.89" was rejected even if it is used not as a destination but as a waypoint. This is the reason why you'll find not it into logfiles: I had to replace it with AST.FL.89 using the nearby VOR as wpt, and cut away (KPAE), KAST.FL.0 and (KAST)), otherwise I wouldn't be able to file my fp.

2) Other fields of 124thATC, such as departure, arrival airport and cruise altitude are not updated from FMS, they remain the same they were before using import from FMS.

3) As I arrived almost at Olympia VOR, I noticed a confusion into my route, the plugin invited me to turn back north but the route into map was straight forward to Olympia, like it was into FMS (at that stage I was on AP set to both RNAV and VNAV). I don't know if this happens because I already choose a STAR into FMS and 124thATV choose another one since I left the automatic SID/STAR choice checkbox cheched before filing the flight plan. Or, if I changed KAST to AST only in the plugin and not into FMS. Maybe my fault.

Please find attached either .fms file and debug.

Thanx
KPAE2KASTfms.zip
bugReport.tar.gz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Using XP11.41r1|Ubuntu 16.04\Mint 18.3|Kernel 4.15.0-70|amdgpu opensource driver|Mesa 18.0.5]

ntnll

Re: Data xchange between XP11 FMS and 124thATC v2.0-a60

Post by ntnll » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 pm

vittop wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:03 pm
Hi Antonello, I have started using bigger planes, such as the Laminar 737 fitted with the X-Plane FMS. First of all, I have created a .fms flight plane using Skyvector's NavLog output and then this tool

https://x-planetools.com/fltawareparser.html

to convert it into a .fms file, which I successfully imported into XP FMS. I then used the XP FMS to select VNAV (i only choose FL160) and DEP/ARR to choose SID/STAR approach and runways for landing. My flight was KPAE -> KAST, t/o from 16R and landing on 26 ILS app. I then used the option to import flight plan from FMS into 124thATC, with some unexpected result I would like to verify with you:

1) the following list of waypoints was loaded into 124thATC: (KPAE) RW16R.FL.5 KPAE LOFAL ARPEE JUVGA.FL.160 CARRO.FL.160 OLM.FL.160 OZEYO.FL.160 RINDS.FL.160 CETUV.FL.160 HEVOL.FL.140 KAST.FL.89 DISCON.FL.64 ZINKY.FL.40 JUNSA RW26.FL.0 1500.FL.15 AST AST KAST.FL.0 (KAST). This was not accepted by 124thATC since as you can see it contains departure and arrival airports (KPAE, KAST) and it shouldn't. But the big surprise is that also "KAST.FL.89" was rejected even if it is used not as a destination but as a waypoint. This is the reason why you'll find not it into logfiles: I had to replace it with AST.FL.89 using the nearby VOR as wpt, and cut away (KPAE), KAST.FL.0 and (KAST)), otherwise I wouldn't be able to file my fp.

2) Other fields of 124thATC, such as departure, arrival airport and cruise altitude are not updated from FMS, they remain the same they were before using import from FMS.

3) As I arrived almost at Olympia VOR, I noticed a confusion into my route, the plugin invited me to turn back north but the route into map was straight forward to Olympia, like it was into FMS (at that stage I was on AP set to both RNAV and VNAV). I don't know if this happens because I already choose a STAR into FMS and 124thATV choose another one since I left the automatic SID/STAR choice checkbox cheched before filing the flight plan. Or, if I changed KAST to AST only in the plugin and not into FMS. Maybe my fault.

Please find attached either .fms file and debug.

Thanx

KPAE2KASTfms.zip
bugReport.tar.gz
Hi Vittop,
definitely something that I need to address in the next versions, adding it to the list. Many thanks for reporting it.

a.
124thATC Developer

Rafalec

Post by Rafalec » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Compatibility with the Zibo 737 is also essential, it is much more widely used than the Laminar 737.

vittop

Post by vittop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:22 am

Rafalec wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:06 pm
Compatibility with the Zibo 737 is also essential, it is much more widely used than the Laminar 737.
Of course for my ATC124 <-> FMS integration tests I used Laminar since I can't afford to waste time just to turn Z737 on :D. Anyhow the general aspect I would like to emphasize is that if I forget the onboard FMS programming it's all ok, regardless it is 737 FMS, or the standard Garmin FMS. What happens to me is that if I use onboard FMS to set up LNAV and VNAV, then something weird happens as I "import" onboard FMS data into 124thATC and then file the flight plan. It looks like this latter action mixes up settings I input on FMS with new, 124thATC-supplied ones. Since A/P can be set to rely on onboard FMS for navigation, in this case the plane tooks strange directions.
[Using XP11.41r1|Ubuntu 16.04\Mint 18.3|Kernel 4.15.0-70|amdgpu opensource driver|Mesa 18.0.5]