Extra Waypoints???

Support for any problem or bug related to 124thATC
rayclow

Extra Waypoints???

Post by rayclow » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:00 am

First of all this is an awesome plugin. I just started with xp11 not too long ago and its fun. Im not a real pilot "obvisouly" but i enjoy the game and the challenges. I have read the user guide for both, this plug in and the gps that i am using and i am bit confused from going to point A-B. I have read other post to educate myself a bit from other peoples mistakes and i might have read a post that might have answered my question but since im new i just wanted to verify. When i plug into the FMS KBUR to KLAX just one straight shot....once i import it to the plug in i get different an extra way point which takes me longer...i believe i have the option to just click on the direct button to guide me straight to KLAX but i was wondering if that was a user error or something that the plugin automatically those? i thought maybe i was filing it incorrectly. I have also done from KBUR to KSAN and i have like 7 different waypoints before reaching my final destination....can someone help a newb understand if I am missing a step? i sually dont post question on forums unless ive done my homework but this time im out of ideas. thanks for the help and reading this.

ntnll

Re: Extra Waypoints???

Post by ntnll » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:31 am

rayclow wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:00 am
First of all this is an awesome plugin. I just started with xp11 not too long ago and its fun. Im not a real pilot "obvisouly" but i enjoy the game and the challenges. I have read the user guide for both, this plug in and the gps that i am using and i am bit confused from going to point A-B. I have read other post to educate myself a bit from other peoples mistakes and i might have read a post that might have answered my question but since im new i just wanted to verify. When i plug into the FMS KBUR to KLAX just one straight shot....once i import it to the plug in i get different an extra way point which takes me longer...i believe i have the option to just click on the direct button to guide me straight to KLAX but i was wondering if that was a user error or something that the plugin automatically those? i thought maybe i was filing it incorrectly. I have also done from KBUR to KSAN and i have like 7 different waypoints before reaching my final destination....can someone help a newb understand if I am missing a step? i sually dont post question on forums unless ive done my homework but this time im out of ideas. thanks for the help and reading this.
Hi rayclow,
you'er not attacching any log, is hard to help you. Plugin generally add few waypoints as the following:

- SID points
- STAR points
- An approximation dummy points added some times, generally when no STAR available or when the STAR doesn't provide a smooth approach to the runway

All those points are generally described in the flight information flight plan, you should be able to see them there, or in the log.txt

Are those points the one you're referring to?

a.
124thATC Developer