Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
ntnll

Re: RCs public previews

Post by ntnll » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:10 am

peroni wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:03 pm
Could you make any ATC request to stop working if the aircraft radios are off?
I believe the built in XP11 ATC does it, except it is bad in every other way :D
Oh, any reason why I cannot use the same departure and destination airport?

Also I have visited the brainstorming page but how do we know if any of the many great ideas are being worked on?

Thanks in any case, your program is miles ahead of the default ATC

Hi peroni,
Nice feature to add. Please add it to the brainstorm page, I'll definitely have a look into it.
The reason behind the limitation is an heritage from the source code of the original project. I'm planning to remove it. Hopefully in the next version, or .61.
There is no way to know when the features will be relelased. It depends really on the complexity of the change, on my spare time that is unfortunately limited, and the popularity of the request. The best way to track next version goals is to track the change log page
124thATC Developer

argonius

Post by argonius » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Antonello

here is some feedback/suggestions concerning the manual SID/STAR selection.
- Sometimes (didn't try to reproduce) clearance is given for a certain SID / RWY w/o being asked to choose SID. The given SID often does not match with the first waypoint in the flight plan. If I then choose "other runway" and re-select the same RWY as previously assigned by the plugin, I get the selection of SID to choose from.
- The sudden pop-up of the STAR selection I find rather confusing, also because no information about the runway is given.

I'd very much like to have the possibility to choose SID / DEP RWY and STAR / ARR RWY in the flight plan dialog as an option. Pretty much like it is suggested here: http://124thatc.matacchieri.eu/mantis/view.php?id=291

Keep up the great work!

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:01 am

argonius wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 pm
Hi Antonello
- The sudden pop-up of the STAR selection I find rather confusing, also because no information about the runway is given.
Hi argonius,
thanks for your feedaback. Do you get the runway information in the dialog?

124thATC Developer

argonius

Post by argonius » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:07 pm

ntnll wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:01 am
argonius wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 pm
Hi Antonello
Hi argonius,
thanks for your feedaback. Do you get the runway information in the dialog?

Oh, I am sorry I must have overlooked that. Still I would like to have the option to define SID/STAR/RWY with the flight plan.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:45 pm

a60RC9 uploaded!

a.
124thATC Developer

Rafalec

Post by Rafalec » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Cool, what's new in RC9 ?

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Rafalec wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Cool, what's new in RC9 ?
Basically bug fixes. All other relevant mentions on Mantis, as usual. Only new feature, the possibility to return to the same departure airport
124thATC Developer

peroni

Post by peroni » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Bug with RC9

A VFR flight plan is not accepted. Never gets acknowledged and the "Request VFR Clearance" dialog pops up again after a few seconds.

bug.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

peterg

Post by peterg » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:01 am

Hi Antonello,
with the RC9 the 0 feet problem seems to be solved.
This morning I flew rom EDDM to EDLW. I got the "SID Box" before departure, but I got a "STAR Box" for EDLW with four empty buttons (Screenshot1). I choosed the first and got a message to expect RW24 without a STAR (Screenshot2)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 am

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.
I'll fix them ASAP.

Cheers,
a.
124thATC Developer

argonius

Post by argonius » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi Antonello

I did a flight from LFRZ to LFEC using RC9. Around passing the last WP of the flight plan (ROSPO), RWY 05 was assigned for arrival. However after that, there were no further waypoints / vercotoring calls beyond ROSPO. The info window has showed ROSPO as last waypoint. I only received a descent to FL110 at some point. I was then manually descending and navigating to make it to LFEC RWY 05. The plugin repeated the request to climb (back) to FL110, the last such request I have received after touch down.

Please find the bug report attached.

I did have the same issue with other destination airports using earlier RCs. But this time I have managed to collect the logs...

BR
Christian

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:05 pm

argonius wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:00 pm
Hi Antonello

I did a flight from LFRZ to LFEC using RC9. Around passing the last WP of the flight plan (ROSPO), RWY 05 was assigned for arrival. However after that, there were no further waypoints / vercotoring calls beyond ROSPO. The info window has showed ROSPO as last waypoint. I only received a descent to FL110 at some point. I was then manually descending and navigating to make it to LFEC RWY 05. The plugin repeated the request to climb (back) to FL110, the last such request I have received after touch down.

Please find the bug report attached.

I did have the same issue with other destination airports using earlier RCs. But this time I have managed to collect the logs...

BR
Christian
Thank you very much Christian for report, and attach the full bug report. I'll defintely have a look into it.

Cheers,
a.
124thATC Developer

argonius

Post by argonius » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:56 am

peterg wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:01 am
Hi Antonello,
with the RC9 the 0 feet problem seems to be solved.
This morning I flew rom EDDM to EDLW. I got the "SID Box" before departure, but I got a "STAR Box" for EDLW with four empty buttons (Screenshot1). I choosed the first and got a message to expect RW24 without a STAR (Screenshot2)
I have the same issue with the empty STAR Box with RC9. Actually it is not empty in my case, but each button is labeled with the same strange character (e.g some chinese symbol) - I am on Linux so that may be the difference.

argonius

Post by argonius » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 am

I think there is an issue with SID / STAR selection. If you disable "manually choose SID/STAR" the plugin does no longer assign a SID/STAR that matches with the waypoint in the flight plan. If you choose "other runway" and select the same runway again, the plugin might give a different STAR each time you do this.

Cheers
Christian

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:01 pm

argonius wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 am
I think there is an issue with SID / STAR selection. If you disable "manually choose SID/STAR" the plugin does no longer assign a SID/STAR that matches with the waypoint in the flight plan. If you choose "other runway" and select the same runway again, the plugin might give a different STAR each time you do this.

Cheers
Christian
Many thanks Chris, bug confirmed and fixed in next build.

a.
124thATC Developer