Post by ntnll » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:05 pm

a60.60RC11 available, some crashes fixed, see first post

a.

argonius

Re: RCs public previews

Post by argonius » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:54 am

ntnll wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:02 pm
Guys remember please to attach the log. Without it I can't do very much..
Cheers,
a.
Here you go, flight from MDPP to MTPP (via KODIX, BEPAL, ETBOD) using RC10 (sorry haven't seen RC11 is out already)

Two issues:

1) Manual SID selection
After filing the flight plan I have received clearence for RWY 26, SID ASIV1F
a) I did not get the SID selection menu, although manual selection was checked
b) SID ASIV1F does not match with waypoint KODIX
I have then selected "other runways", re-selected RWY 26, the SID selection box appeared and I was able to select KODI1F which would be the correct SID.

2) Broken STAR selection
First the plugin offered the selection for STAR RWY 28 (see STAR_28.png)
After choosing RWY 10 via "Other Runway" function, plugin offered another non-sense list of STAR for RWY 10 (see STAR_10.png)
This issue has now been persistent over the last couple of RCs, unfortunately making manual STAR selection unusable.

Full bug report attached, hoping for fix in RC12...

Cheers
Christian
Attachments
STAR_10.png
STAR_10.png (23.46 KiB) Viewed 185 times
STAR_28.png
STAR_28.png (36.1 KiB) Viewed 185 times
bugReport.tar.gz
(16.99 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:54 pm

argonius wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:54 am
ntnll wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:02 pm
Guys remember please to attach the log. Without it I can't do very much..
Cheers,
a.
Here you go, flight from MDPP to MTPP (via KODIX, BEPAL, ETBOD) using RC10 (sorry haven't seen RC11 is out already)

Two issues:

1) Manual SID selection
I have then selected "other runways", re-selected RWY 26, the SID selection box appeared and I was able to select KODI1F which would be the correct SID.

2) Broken STAR selection
First the plugin offered the selection for STAR RWY 28 (see STAR_28.png)
After choosing RWY 10 via "Other Runway" function, plugin offered another non-sense list of STAR for RWY 10 (see STAR_10.png)
This issue has now been persistent over the last couple of RCs, unfortunately making manual STAR selection unusable.

Full bug report attached, hoping for fix in RC12...

Cheers
Christian
Many thanks Christian for your help.
Next build .12 close, hopefully also near to the next release.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:37 pm

build a60.60RC12 available

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 pm

last minute fix, a bug was messing up the flight plan order, after the STARS injection, a60RC13 uploaded

argonius

Post by argonius » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi Antonello

thanks for the next RC. Over the last couple of weeks I took the time to report four different bugs (3 in this thread, one in crash report). Unfortunately I cannot find any information if any of these bugs have been resolved or not, since they do not appear in your bug tracker. I understand you have limited resources since your are doing the development in your free time. But it would be really helpful if you'd add (confirmed) bugs that are related to bug reports made by users into the bug tracker. I think this would be beneficial for the progress of the project as well. For example, manual SID/STAR selection is broken since the last couple of RCs. If I know this has been fixed, I can test it again to confirm the fix. If it is not fixed, I can avoid using the feature until it gets fixed. With your current policy, I can only try with every new RC if the problem has been fixed, if not I have likely wasted my time since it spoils the flight (and eventually I am getting tired of testing). If on the other hand I know in more detail what has been fixed, I could focus my testing in confirming the fixes.

Please take this a suggestion to support you in making the plugin even better.

Cheers
Christian

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:28 pm

argonius wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:02 pm
Hi Antonello

thanks for the next RC. Over the last couple of weeks I took the time to report four different bugs (3 in this thread, one in crash report). Unfortunately I cannot find any information if any of these bugs have been resolved or not, since they do not appear in your bug tracker. I understand you have limited resources since your are doing the development in your free time. But it would be really helpful if you'd add (confirmed) bugs that are related to bug reports made by users into the bug tracker. I think this would be beneficial for the progress of the project as well. For example, manual SID/STAR selection is broken since the last couple of RCs. If I know this has been fixed, I can test it again to confirm the fix. If it is not fixed, I can avoid using the feature until it gets fixed. With your current policy, I can only try with every new RC if the problem has been fixed, if not I have likely wasted my time since it spoils the flight (and eventually I am getting tired of testing). If on the other hand I know in more detail what has been fixed, I could focus my testing in confirming the fixes.

Please take this a suggestion to support you in making the plugin even better.

Cheers
Christian
Hi Cristian,
you're right, but as previously explained, those information are usually sent through the tester program. In fact, this page is not for bug tracking or discussion, but just to provide a preview to the end users, that otherwise would flood the test program email list, as happened in the past.

Your precious help would better inverted joining the Test Program, or using the Mantis Bug Track, take in consideration those channels, if you're looking for a better approach.

Regarding the bugs you mentioned, I would say they have been all fixed in the last build, let me know if I'm correct.

Cheers,
a.

lasyan3

Post by lasyan3 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Antonello,

First, let me thanks you for your amazing work on this mod! I was very happy to find out this board recently, and to find out that it's still under development, because last release is a bit old and I was afraid it was stopped.

Anyway, I'm trying the alpha releases since the RC9 and I have a couple of issues still not fixed, so I think it's time for me to report them.

The setup is: I start at LFBO and I want to set a flight plan to LFMT. Issue is when I try to delivering a flight plan.
  1. With flight plan empty, X-Plane crashes (bugReport_n1.7z)
  2. With "AFRIC BRUSC" in the flight plan, X-Plane also crashes (bugReport_n2.7z)
  3. With "GAI AMOLO DEGOL BRUSC" in the flight plan, the delivering works but only gives me one SID, "FIST5P", for runway 32R. If I choose another runway, like 14L, the plugin doesn't do anything after that, I'm stuck (bugReport_n4.7z)
That's it, I hope I gave you all the information to check this out (and hopefully fix it ^^).
Cheers!

Edit: only 2 files seems to be allowed, I gave up the n2 because it's the same issue than n1.
Attachments
bugReport_n4.7z
(12.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bugReport_n1.7z
(11.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet

johnbla

Post by johnbla » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:50 am

Hi Antonello

I am getting crashes on a60RC13. It seems to happen as soon as I click on readback or try to change the transponder code. I think a60RC12 was the same. I have reverted to an earlier version which is stable. How can I tell what version I am using? I can then let you know my stable version.

Log file is attached.
Regards
John
Attachments
Log.txt
(185.85 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

jkeye

Post by jkeye » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Same here.
Different log but the crash happened when I hit button and tried to contact ATC.
Attachments
Log.txt
(112.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi guys,
thanks for the feedbacks. One more build available.
In the .14 I fixed the crashes occurring while filing an empty flight plan. Also corrected a bug preventing the correct ILS path drawing while SID/STAR search option was disabled.

lasyan3

Post by lasyan3 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:47 am

Sadly it's still crashing for me.

argonius

Post by argonius » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:44 am

I have just repeated the flight from MDPP to MTPP with RC14. The issue with SID selection as reported earlier still exist:
argonius wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:54 am
1) Manual SID selection
If the STAR issues are solved I could not check, since the plugin made X-Plane crash during flight.

Since the introduction of using nav data from the plugin folder I get the following error message when opening the file flight plan dialogue.
no_navdata.png
no_navdata.png (19.53 KiB) Viewed 34 times
I do have installed the nav data according to the manual. Could this be related to Linux (case sensitive file system)?

Bug report attached.

Cheers
Christian
Attachments
bugReport.tar.gz
(18.41 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

jkeye

Post by jkeye » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:21 am

Hi Antonello
I got the same same navdata error here.
Also I was told altimeter was 1005 near LMON airport-I struggled to change that from 2996 on my TBM 900 manually-took forever and I never got anywhere near.Is this an accurate value?
Here is my log
Attachments
Log.txt
(119.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet

chrispalf

Post by chrispalf » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi,

My set up: XP11.30b7 AIRAC 1813 Zibo 737-800 3.31U Windows 10

I was flying the following route in RC13 and confirmed it in RC14:

DepartureICAO#KBOS
ArrivalICAO#KPHX
FL#340
FlightPlan#HYLND DCT HANAA Q816 HOCKE Q935 MONEE DCT BAE DCT KG78K DCT KP75G DCT KP72E DCT KD66A DCT KD60Y DCT FLOOD DCT KD45U DCT GUP
ICAOFlightName#AAL
ICAOFlightNumber#2229
TransLevelFLDep#180
TransLevelFLArr#180

I tried with SID matching and manual SID but between HANAA and HOCKE 124thACT caused full CTD - log file is attached.

I don't think this is Beta related, I tried the flight again and the crash occurred at exactly the same place. Using the latest release 0.59a in 11.30b7 the crash does not occur.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chris
Attachments
Log.txt
(154.87 KiB) Downloaded 2 times