Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
SHaneD

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by SHaneD » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Antonello, I seem to have a mismatch somewhere, page one says the latest RC is 72 but I'm showing 124thATC v2.0-a60RC73 in the log file in X-Plane! could please advise which is correct ?

argonius

Post by argonius » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:31 pm

SHaneD wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:18 pm
Antonello, I seem to have a mismatch somewhere, page one says the latest RC is 72 but I'm showing 124thATC v2.0-a60RC73 in the log file in X-Plane! could please advise which is correct ?
Hi, a60 became final some time ago. You need to do a manual upgrade, you can find the release version here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ntnll-124thatc/
Cheers

zayaraq

Post by zayaraq » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:48 pm

I posted a bug report in the thread for stable versions about the directions I'm given by the plugin and I'm still trying to track down the issue by myself also. For further testing I used the latest beta, which btw caused the sim to crash three times the last two and a half days.
I noticed that the plugin does not only not recognize the wind correctly very regularly (also seemed like when it does it often just refuses to calc a correction angle for the wind, but I didn't check if it was just too weak), it also seemed like without using the correction angle feature I'm very often directed to the side of a navaid, as if it didn't know where exactly it is. I tried to check this with the NDB LAA in Germany and littlenavmap gives me 51° 36' 6,06" N 6° 10' 21,72" E for the coords while in the xplane log I noticed a line of text from 124thatc that says:
"124thATC v2.0-a60RC74 12:26:17: AnalyzeFlightPlan: Found: LAA on lat 51.601685 and lon 6.172700, entering into flight plan as navtype 2 and order 2!"
Don't know if this is really wrong or I somehow don't understand how these coords work, but I just noticed the numbers being different. I use navigraph btw, so I suspect sth being wrong with that install? I just don't see what exactly.
I would love to hear some replies about what you think about this and I hope to hear that I just did not manage to install it correctly! Then again the two logs, because of the crashes I had, in case you need them.
Greets, Tim!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ruetzi

Post by ruetzi » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:06 pm

here you can convert the formats of coordinates. The values you describe are exactly the same.

https://www.koordinaten-umrechner.de/de ... Map&zoom=8

Greeting
ruetzi

zayaraq

Post by zayaraq » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:22 pm

After a little bit more research I noticed that the coords in the xplane navigraph file are indeed the same as the ones in the LAA example, so this might not be the problem (probably a different format or so I was not aware of). However I'm still not getting the wind correction anlge to work. One weird thing on top of that: When disabling said feature it will still give me a direction towards my current waypoint, but it will still use my aircrafts heading as a reference. So it seems to draw a line from my position to the waypoint (which would be my track not heading), but the plugin looks at my heading. On my PC right next to me I'm currently going track 168°, but my heading is 172°. atc wants me to hold 168° heading, tho. That makes me reliably miss each and every waypoint I'm headed towards.
I hope someone can help me with this :D

ruetzi

Post by ruetzi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:45 am

zayaraq wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:22 pm
Maybe the question and the two answers on this website https://aviation.stackexchange.com/ques ... ound-track will help you.

Greeting
ruetzi

zayaraq

Post by zayaraq » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:11 am

ruetzi wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:45 am
zayaraq wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:22 pm
Maybe the question and the two answers on this website https://aviation.stackexchange.com/ques ... ound-track will help you.

Greeting
ruetzi
Thanks for trying to help, but I don't quite understand. Isn't this exactly what I was demonstrating in my post? I know that atc should only care about my track, while 124thatc cares about heading. Is this what you wanted to say or is there a different solution to my problem? :D
So is what I'm observing somehow supposed to behave that way? :?:
Greets, Tim

johnbla

Post by johnbla » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:20 am

Hi guys, when I take off in VFR, I get vectored for departure, usually in the opposite direction of my flight plan. Does anyone know how to cancel this and allow me to just follow my flight plan? Thanks in advance.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:37 pm

johnbla wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:20 am
Hi guys, when I take off in VFR, I get vectored for departure, usually in the opposite direction of my flight plan. Does anyone know how to cancel this and allow me to just follow my flight plan? Thanks in advance.

That's happening because you got a vector for a way point you just reached. Is a know behavior, let's call it bug. I'll try to improve it in the next versions.
BTW you're posting in the wrong section, this post is for RC version feedback.

a.
124thATC Developer

Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Did several flights, the plugin works very well.

One thing I notices is that with the option "look for sids and stars" checked,
the plugin is likely to temporarily freeze the sim...

Happens when filing the flight plan and then on approach.

Dispite that, what would be also cool is if you could
report the TOD.

Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Hey Antonello,

I wanted to report a possible bug.
When CENTER gives me final infos
and asks me to hand over to TOWER on final approach
it won't "say again" if I ask it to.

Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:47 pm

Hi Antonello,

one last cosmetic thought:

Wouldn't it be nice to align the frequency-buttons
of the frequency-selector in a more logical way?
d.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Mr_Smith wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:47 pm
Hi Antonello,

one last cosmetic thought:

Wouldn't it be nice to align the frequency-buttons
of the frequency-selector in a more logical way?

d.jpg
Hi Mr_Smith, this is not the correction section for this, you maybe want file that in the brainstorm page or post in the general discussion.
All good advise though, I'll consider them, thanks
124thATC Developer

jkeye

Post by jkeye » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:14 am

Does this work with Vulkan and the new 11.50 beta?

Bulva

Post by Bulva » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:08 am

Yes