Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
ntnll

Re: RCs public previews

Post by ntnll » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:34 pm

a60RC30 uploaded, fixing missing hand-over to tower for landing and other minor bugs

a.
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:09 pm

Retried KPAE->KCLM via SEA ULESS ARRIE ELWHA. No change: also with RC30 after ULESS no instruction to turn toward ARRIE. I turned anyway. Getting closer to ARRIE, then plugin came to life again and handled me to APP and then to TWR. Only issue, while I was enroute at FL130, APP told me to descend to FL75 and then, while I was just above the Olympic range, to 3000ft (!). I did some unrequested (by plugin) turn in the valleys just to avoid to crash and finally reached the sea. At that point 3000 ft was well above the GS and I completed ILS app manually.

Find as usual the debug file
bugReport.tar.gz
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Using XP11.41r1|Ubuntu 16.04.7\Mint 18.3|Kernel 4.15.0-99|amdgpu opensource driver|Mesa 18.0.5]

stewy81

Post by stewy81 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:09 am

I was using RC29 during this test because I didn't see RC30 was out. I had injection issue with multple waypoint duplication and FL140 being last altitude I was controlled to by approach control. KAUS - KELP MUCKY2 MUCKY DCT JCT DCT TXSAS BEAHR3 was the route. I was given expected runway 22 and BEAHR3 approach, however never controlled below FL140 and looking at way points I would have ran out of fuel trying to get there going in circles.

I'll try RC30 some other time but maybe this will help if still having issues with way points.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
X Plane 11.40RC1
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
32MB DDR 4 3200MHZ
GeForce 1080TI

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:24 am

stewy81 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:09 am
I was using RC29 during this test because I didn't see RC30 was out. I had injection issue with multple waypoint duplication and FL140 being last altitude I was controlled to by approach control. KAUS - KELP MUCKY2 MUCKY DCT JCT DCT TXSAS BEAHR3 was the route. I was given expected runway 22 and BEAHR3 approach, however never controlled below FL140 and looking at way points I would have ran out of fuel trying to get there going in circles.

I'll try RC30 some other time but maybe this will help if still having issues with way points.

Capture.JPG
Hi Stewy81,
apparently is your flight plan incorrect. From your log:

124thATC v2.0-a60RC29 21:46:24: Flight Plan filed: (KAUS) RW35L.FL.5 VECTORS PAYDA MUCKY JCT.FL.340 TXSAS.FL.310 TELRE.FL.297 DLINE.FL.146 UUTEP.FL.124 MYNRS.FL.89 BEAHR.FL.80 ELP.FL.79 VALTR.FL.71 VALTR.FL.71 AGUAS.FL.51 VALTR RW22 (KELP)

Furthermore RW35L and RW22 are not valid fixes, you should exclude this references in the flight plan. Also VECTORS looks an incorrect FIX.
Can you try with a correct flight plan? Also be sure don't file any SID or STAR in the flight plan
.a
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:30 am

vittop wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:09 pm
Retried KPAE->KCLM via SEA ULESS ARRIE ELWHA. No change: also with RC30 after ULESS no instruction to turn toward ARRIE. I turned anyway. Getting closer to ARRIE, then plugin came to life again and handled me to APP and then to TWR. Only issue, while I was enroute at FL130, APP told me to descend to FL75 and then, while I was just above the Olympic range, to 3000ft (!). I did some unrequested (by plugin) turn in the valleys just to avoid to crash and finally reached the sea. At that point 3000 ft was well above the GS and I completed ILS app manually.

Find as usual the debug file

bugReport.tar.gz

Thanks
very tough fly, you're coming straight out from mountains just over the airport. My test flight directs me in the mountains. I'll try to tune up the algorithm to be able to handle such situations. I use to tests similar flights over Switzerland from Italy. Very thought situation though to handle anyway
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:48 pm

As per RC29, also with RC30 tried same flight but with alternate wpts LOFAL JAWBN, i.e. away from mountains flying instead above Puget Sound\Juan de Fuca strait. RC29 worked but for missing TWR handover before landing. With RC30 all seems fine, find attached debug for comparison with other route
bugReport.tar.gz
you talked about Switzerland. Can I suggest U a good test flight? try Bern Belp LSZB -> Interlaken LSMI. Very short but hard as "mountain test".

==>> Update: I have also retried a flight to KLAS (see my previous post about my KLMT->KLAS test) , which using RC29 was missing handover to TWR. With RC30 handover to TWR is ok. Good job. According with my tests, it looks like we still have a problem if I specify an intermediate waypoint. Tested also from KLAS->KGCN with and without PRFUM as intermediate waypoint: same behaviour, in the first case after PRFUM no more turns asked from Center
Last edited by vittop on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
[Using XP11.41r1|Ubuntu 16.04.7\Mint 18.3|Kernel 4.15.0-99|amdgpu opensource driver|Mesa 18.0.5]

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:53 pm

vittop wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:48 pm
you talked about Switzerland. Can I suggest U a good test flight? try Bern Belp LSZB -> Interlaken LSMI. Very short but hard as "mountain test"
definitely appreciated, I'll test it!
a.
124thATC Developer

chrispalf

Post by chrispalf » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi, back testing again - RC30

I flew SPJR to SPZO routing MANPA UM674 ATATU UL308 JCL UM668 DARKI DARK1A RNAV 28

This is a high altitude flight - 8000' departure to 10.700' arrival I cruised at FL370

Departure cleared me to 10,000 which wasn't really enough so I requested 12,000 which worked OK.

On Arrival I was given the correct STAR but then vectors and told to descend to FL30, you can guess that I didn't. I actually followed the RNAV and selected direct to the last way point. I was properly cleared to land so the only real issue is the descent to FL30 when the airfield altitude is 10,700'

Looking much better. I did several flights with RC29 with no issues to report.

Keep up the great work!

Kind regards, Chris :)

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:51 pm

You know when you click on ground for example and you get request taxi or request pushback. That request menu is breaking on me. Not always only on occasion. Happened first on 29 and once earlier on 30 while on the ground before take off. The fix is to reset the plugin then the plug in starts behaving ok again. However when in the air this isn't really an option. This log is from a flight where when I was told i was clear for ils contact tower. I clicked on tower and voila no request to contact tower. Ok so I landed successfully was told on landing that I was to contact ground clicked on ground and again no request to contact ground.

In my previous encounter with this I was on ground being pushed back the menu for the request to taxi was there and poof it vanished. Once vanished it was gone not to come back. So I ignored that proceeded to the runway holding where your plug in said contact tower. Again no way to contact tower.
Sorry no log for that one. But I did a reset of the plug in and that fixed it.

vittop

Post by vittop » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi, this time I detected different behaviour in relationship with the plane I use. This is the test: same flight plan, PAGE (KPGA) to CORTEZ (KCEZ, about 140 nautical mls eastbound), same fp parameters, different planes. When flown with default C172, ok. When flown with default C90B, I had some trouble: Both flights start with fp filing to TWR, then both had no TWR feedback (is PAGE apt towerless?? ). In any case I took off and then called Center for fp authorization. Center replied in both case assigning me a xpndr code, which i dialed in. At this point, my C172 was followed by 124thATC RC30 until landing completed at CORTEZ. My other flight using C90B was instead routed northwest (radial 304 to.. "Departure") then no more calls from Center. (btw, a previous attempt with C90B even crashed after xpndr code insertion. I repeated the test to be sure something was actually wrong with such cfg). Please find here debug file for the same flight, one ok with C172, other bad with C90B
bugReport_c172.tar.gz
bugReport_c90b.tar.gz
(this is another case of different plane, different behaviour, other than the one I previously mentioned I had at KLAS when C90B was given by 124thATC RC30 the option for pushback which, if choosen, caused plugin crash after t/o authorization ack. C172 wasn't instead given pushback option by 124thATC RC30)

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:45 am

124thATCv2.0-a60RC31 uploaded. Many bugs fixed. Descent phase improved. Missed approach call bug fixed. Minor bugs fixed
124thATC Developer

SHaneD

Post by SHaneD » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Using 124thATC v2.0-a60RC30 for my flight from LEMD to LPPR, navigation went wrong as "Approximation 1" came live, but I wasn't aware of the problem until some 44Nm further south, I then declared an emergency and flew onto my original destination (that went very well). After some investigation it turns out that the point I was heading for was just south of the equator, some 2524Nm away!

screenie showing Approx1 with too much distance
ODD COURSE.jpg
bugReport.7z
Whatever RC31 did cleared this problem
correct route.jpg
Last edited by SHaneD on Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crbascott

Post by crbascott » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Great plugin - using 124thATCv2.0-a60RC31 and have now completed two successful flights from beginning to end. I hadn't been able to do that with prior RC versions.

I noticed one peculiarity with my KMIA-KCLT flight is that I got switched to the New York Center which is well north of this flight. When searching for airport 27J the plugin actually found 27JY and must have used it, 27J does not exist in my acc.dat.

I created a modified version of the acc.dat version that I built from the FAA's APT.dat file in order for more accurate/timely center transitions. I've attached it and the log file to this post.

A suggestion would be to require leading/trailing commas in the acc.dat file for all airport entries (including the first and last) and you could then add the commas when doing the ACC lookup to produce more exact results. Just throwing that idea out there.

Thanks again.

vittop

Post by vittop » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:18 pm

ntnll wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:45 am
124thATCv2.0-a60RC31 uploaded. Many bugs fixed. Descent phase improved. Missed approach call bug fixed. Minor bugs fixed
Retried flight from PAGE KPGA to CORTEZ KCEZ which failed with RC30. With RC31 I was able to file IFR fp request to TWR, and fly to delivery to destination TWR at about 2000ft above apt level, where I was previously instructed to land on rwy 03. At the time of handoff to twr, nevertheless I was 7-8 mls from rwy but not aligned with it, instead displaced at about 45 degs on the right, strange when automatic STAR is selected. No problem, I turned left to reach glide path and then right when aligned with rwy. Last remark, when approaching at 100 kts IAS as recommended, I noticed a strangely high ground speed as well as at touch down at 90 kts IAS. A call to ATIS revealed a tail wind of 14 kts from 200 degs. I would have expected to be assigned rwy 21. Is there a built-in algorythm to decide which rwy assign for landing or is it random?

as usual, find debug attached
bugReport.tar.gz
Also Retried my other test flight with C172 KPAE->KCLM via SEA ULESS ARRIE ELWHA. No change: also with RC31 just like RC29\30 after ULESS no instruction to turn toward ARRIE. C172 left heading toward Sakhalin. Hope not to find any soviet Flagon still on patrol :-(

as usual, find debug attached
bugReport1.tar.gz
Finally, tested RC31 C90B KCEZ->KASE. A first test using manual START/SID went ok until on approach to KASE where I crashed for icing on final leg due to severe weather. A second test using auto START/SID crashed after center accepted my flight plane. I have a debug for this also
bugReport2.tar.gz

oncleseb

2.0 A60RC31 SID / STAR

Post by oncleseb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:48 pm

Hi Antonello,
I spent time (reading and flying !) to understand how 124Th is giving clearance for take-off and approaches, ... in this case SID and STARS.

Have a look on this flight from KOPF to KTPA, low altitude FL 070 :

- 1st fix = WINCO, in order to get WINCO2 STAR : ok
but, the ATC clears me to climb to 7000 just after take-off, although altitude is cleared step by step during a departure (about 500feet/NM)

- At the end, ATC clears me for STAR DARBS3 (north of KTPA) for RWY 10 : ok
I noticed on other flights that the 2 last fix points programmed by 124th are IF and FAF
Here, the 2 last fix points are PIE (VOR at the same location) and PIE fix point is completely located at the south of RWY 10 axe !!
Strange ?

Read you soon.
Sebastien

- moved in the correct section -
Thanks for reporting Sebastien, I'll have a look into it
a.