Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
vittop

Re: RCs public previews

Post by vittop » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 am

vittop wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:24 pm
Hi, Just installed RC21. I noticed two things worthy to be investigated. I am at KOLM as usual, my FP is to nearby KGRF.

a) If I choose TO from rwy35 all fine, while if I choose rwy17 the plugin automatically offers WN70, an heliport, as departure airport which is not accepted: In this case as workaround I can still type in the correct KOLM code and that's fine

b) if I choose not to have manually choosen SID\STAR, and ask such a FP, a small dialog buttonless window named "Tower" appears. In this case as workaround I can reset the plugin and check manual SID\START checkbox.

The logfile is available for you
bugReport.tar.gz
One more discovery: I tried some other airports. In some like KOLM or KSEA I have no crash, while in others, like KSFO, I have always a crash just after SID selection, find here the logfile
bugReport.tar.gz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks argonius/vittop, really useful feedbacks, I'll try the flights this evening when I'll back from work.

Cheers,
a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:38 pm

argonius wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 pm
Repeated my the flight from EDDS to LSZB with RC21, again crashing on approach to LSZB. (I did it with 11.30 as I do not think it is related to the XP version, 11.26 was crashing the same with RC20).

Cheers
Christian
Not able to replicate the issue on my rid, I'll keep trying : )

vittop wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:24 pm
Hi, Just installed RC21. I noticed two things worthy to be investigated. I am at KOLM as usual, my FP is to nearby KGRF.

a) If I choose TO from rwy35 all fine, while if I choose rwy17 the plugin automatically offers WN70, an heliport, as departure airport which is not accepted: In this case as workaround I can still type in the correct KOLM code and that's fine

b) if I choose not to have manually choosen SID\STAR, and ask such a FP, a small dialog buttonless window named "Tower" appears. In this case as workaround I can reset the plugin and check manual SID\START checkbox.
a) is not a bug. Is a behave of XP SDK. The SDK gives you the closest airport, but there is no way to filter the aiport type so if the heliport is closest to the runway, the SDK return it. There's no way to fix it, actually that's the reason because the field "from" is editable, it wasn't in the past ; )
b) is a bug, fixed for the next build, thanks for report it.

a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:42 pm

argonius wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 pm
Repeated my the flight from EDDS to LSZB with RC21, again crashing on approach to LSZB. (I did it with 11.30 as I do not think it is related to the XP version, 11.26 was crashing the same with RC20).

Besides the crash something is very weird when doing this approach (ROTOS2M for ILS 14, Transition at BIRKI). The plugin has kept me on FL150 past BIRKI, then there where two approximation waypoints, the first being 24NM NORTH of BIRKI (turn right 006°). That of course explains why I was still kept at FL150, but if you look at the screenshot taken from Little Navmap you'll see that this does not make any sense. BIRKI is inline with the ILS14. The plane position shown on the screen shot is where the plugin crashed.

I think there is something buggy in the STAR to ILS/RWY transition.

Cheers
Christian
Christian, are you using ANY custom command in Linux? Because they definitely crashes on this version, is a bug still opened.
a.
124thATC Developer

argonius

Post by argonius » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 am

ntnll wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:42 pm
Christian, are you using ANY custom command in Linux? Because they definitely crashes on this version, is a bug still opened.
a.
yes I do. I have flight_informations_toggle, frequency_selector_toggle and atc_dialog_toggle assigned to the keyboard and the ATC reply assigned to a joystick button. What I can say is that the crash does not immediately happen after using a command. But I will try a flight w/o using any of the commands, the one I obviously very often use is the ATC reply.

What about the weird approximation waypoints on approach to LSZB RWY14 I have reported above? Were you able to reproduce it?

/Christian

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:16 am

argonius wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 am
ntnll wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:42 pm
a.
yes I do. I have flight_informations_toggle, frequency_selector_toggle and atc_dialog_toggle assigned to the keyboard and the ATC reply assigned to a joystick button. What I can say is that the crash does not immediately happen after using a command. But I will try a flight w/o using any of the commands, the one I obviously very often use is the ATC reply.

What about the weird approximation waypoints on approach to LSZB RWY14 I have reported above? Were you able to reproduce it?

/Christian
Me and another beta tester are getting immediate crash any custom command different from the flight information. If you can please next time, try without them.
Thank you for your help : )
124thATC Developer

argonius

Post by argonius » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:55 pm

ntnll wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:16 am
Me and another beta tester are getting immediate crash any custom command different from the flight information. If you can please next time, try without them.
Thank you for your help : )
Repeated the same flight again, this time avoiding the use of custom commands. Crash at practically the same spot as before (see little navmap screen shot attached). Another bug report attached. Please note that the crash was several seconds after the last communication.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

argonius

Post by argonius » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm

argonius wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:55 pm
Repeated the same flight again, this time avoiding the use of custom commands. Crash at practically the same spot as before (see little navmap screen shot attached). Another bug report attached. Please note that the crash was several seconds after the last communication.
I did another flight an maybe - by accident - I have found a way to reproduce it. Normally I use the "Import from FMS" feature when filing the flight plan, last time I forgot doing that, but since I was doing the same flight again, the flight plan was correct. I was able to fly to LSZB w/o crash and with a proper approach to RWY 14 (no weird approximation waypoint)! You will find the bug report of this flight attached.

I did some more testing with plan filing. When I do NOT import it from FMS, before receiving clearance I can choose the SID (manual selection active). If I import the flight plan, there is no SID selection box and I get a clearance with a SID not matching the flight plan. Only if I afterwards choose other runway I can manually choose the SID. I cannot 100% tell if it is related to the crash later during approach, but the plugin behaves differently with importing or without importing.

I hope this helps!
/Christian

mumax

Post by mumax » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:06 am

Just for information... I will send the files for the bug report later.

Unfortunately I've installed the latest Release of X Plane, wich is 11.30 RC3. My fault, forgotten to uncheck the beta version.
Since then, 124th causes XP to crash (CTD).
This with the release 60RC21 and also with the last stable version 59.
The last message in the log.txt is something like "...124th causes X Plane to crash...".

Currently I'm not at home. Will send the report later.
I want just inform you, do not the same error as me and install XP 11.30 RC3.

Edit: This happens shortly after XP starts with the situation (autostart of 124th). Before done any input.

Edit2/Solution: Got it. There was an AI plane in XP and the option AI traffic in 124th was checked. So I unchecked it and now it works. :oops: :D
Last edited by mumax on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 am

argonius wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm
argonius wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:55 pm
I did another flight an maybe - by accident - I have found a way to reproduce it. Normally I use the "Import from FMS" feature when filing the flight plan, last time I forgot doing that, but since I was doing the same flight again, the flight plan was correct. I was able to fly to LSZB w/o crash and with a proper approach to RWY 14 (no weird approximation waypoint)! You will find the bug report of this flight attached.

I did some more testing with plan filing. When I do NOT import it from FMS, before receiving clearance I can choose the SID (manual selection active). If I import the flight plan, there is no SID selection box and I get a clearance with a SID not matching the flight plan. Only if I afterwards choose other runway I can manually choose the SID. I cannot 100% tell if it is related to the crash later during approach, but the plugin behaves differently with importing or without importing.

I hope this helps!
/Christian
Thanks Christian, interesting feedback. I don't use it, I tend to export EFASS FP to 124thATC, and let 124thATC programs the FMS for me.
Not sure why you are using the Import feature. Is because your FMS is being programmed by your flight planned automatically?
Can you briefly describe your planning phase, I'll try to replicate it.

Cheers,
a.
Last edited by ntnll on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
124thATC Developer

argonius

Post by argonius » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:55 pm

ntnll wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 am
Thanks Christian, interesting feedback. I don't use it, I tend to export EFFASS FP to 124thATC, and let 124thATC program the FMS for me.
Not sure why you are using the Import feature. Is because your FMS is being programmed by your flight planned automatically?
Can you briefly describe your planning phase, I'll try to replicate it.

Cheers,
a.
Here's my workflow
1. Enter the flight plan into FMS/GPS of the plane w/o SID/STAR. Optionally I sometimes import a .fms file generated by the flight planning tool (especially if I keep repeating the same flight ;-) ).
2. Filing the FP with 124th ATC using the import from FMS function
3. Manually entering the SID/STAR to the FMS/GPS once assigned by the plugin.

The main reasons I do not enter the FP in the plugin's flight plan field and let it program the FMS is immersion and that pasting from clipboard doesn't not work under Linux, plus I don't want the plugin to automatically program SID/STAR into the FMS.

EDIT on 11/01
Yesterday I did another flight from NZTP to NZWN not using the import from FMS feature. No crash, perfect selection of SID/STAR, perfect transition from STAR to approach. I really think the problems I have reported are related to this import from FMS feature.

Cheers
Christian
Last edited by argonius on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

vittop

Crash when opening a new FP while airborne

Post by vittop » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:54 pm

I took off from KAST, flew straight rwy heading and leveled at 3500 ft. Then I opened an IFR request for KAST -> KOLM while airborne. After squawking xpndr code, plugin crashed. Please find below the debug file for further analysis. (it looks like the old crashes under linux when loading FP into FMS while on the ground, now solved):
bugReport.tar.gz

mumax

Post by mumax » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Window for STAR-Selection is too small.

On approach to LFPG (Paris) I can't select the necessary STAR because the window is too short.
LFPG has many Star's so the STAR-Window doesn't fit on screen.

ntnll

Re: Crash when opening a new FP while airborne

Post by ntnll » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm

vittop wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:54 pm
I took off from KAST, flew straight rwy heading and leveled at 3500 ft. Then I opened an IFR request for KAST -> KOLM while airborne. After squawking xpndr code, plugin crashed. Please find below the debug file for further analysis. (it looks like the old crashes under linux when loading FP into FMS while on the ground, now solved):

bugReport.tar.gz
Thanks vittop, I believe this has been already tested, I'll release the next build in some hours.
a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Re: Alpha and Beta testing RC public preview

Post by ntnll » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:09 pm

stewy81 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 am
Just tried to use the RC3 and at the flight plan insert button pushed it crashed x plane. I'll attach the bug zip and the x plane log

I'm able to use the stable version with this flight plan no problem.

KEUG N0300A150 EUG9 SAGIN V23 MOURN V121 OED V23 FOLDS T263 SGD V108 CROIT V195 OAK V107 DECOT KSJC

Thanks
Hi Stewy81 thanks for report and share the bug report really useful.
That is the FP filed in 124thATC:

RW16R.FL.3 780.FL.7 VECTORS SAGIN.FL.150 CURTI.FL.150 MOURN.FL.150 BROKN.FL.150 UZEHE.FL.150 OED.FL.150 LIPWO.FL.150 TALEM.FL.150 LEANN.FL.150 ZUNAS.FL.150 FJS.FL.150 FOLDS.FL.150 KENDL.FL.150 DIBLE.FL.150 NAKPT.FL.150 POPES.FL.150 SGD.FL.150 CROIT.FL.150 SABLO.FL.150 BERKS.FL.150 OAK.FL.150 DECOT.FL.150 ARTAQ SUNNE RW12R 246.FL.2 HIVAK GILRO

I see this FP is the result of an incorrect FMS import: "RW16R.FL.3 780.FL.7 VECTORS "
The runway definitely doesn't go in the flight plan and also 780 doesn't looks a proper fix. Also VECTORS doesn't looks good. GILRO is also repeated two times....

What do you use for programming the FMS?
Last edited by ntnll on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
124thATC Developer