Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:22 am

jkeye wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:14 am
ntnll wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:40 am
jkeye wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:55 am
What about STARS during approaches? when does the plugin take over if you are flying a STAR programmed into FMC?
Not sure to understand the question jkeye

I was asking whether vectors are only provided by the plugin if one is flying manually.
Hi jkeye ,
while on cruise with LNAV, or while on cruise with "Reduce heading vector calls" option enabled, the plugin will not vector you. In all the other scenarios you should expect heading corrections call when exeeding the "Heading error tolerance" option value, as indicated in the guide section.
a.
124thATC Developer

jkeye

Post by jkeye » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:24 am

Ok thanks for clarifying.
Keep up the great work with the plugin!

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:29 am

h0use wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:41 am

I think integration with most popular flight planners (....) will be very useful
Definitely in the todo list ;)
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:55 pm

vittop wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:57 pm
ntnll wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:15 am
vittop wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:11 am

I was on the Laminar Beech 58, autopilot set to HDG to follow ATC instruction. I switched to NAV as I relized that FANZI was passed without any indication to turn toward next wpt (Btw, this is the same situation like my previous tests when I was in Washington state, flying from KPAE to KCLM via SEA ULESS ARRIE ELWHA, but in this case, I eventually found on SkyVector a route to follow without this issue). I seldom use NAV mod, I usually set HDG mode after takeoff until, with APPR mode triggered, I intercept the ILS.
On NAV, the plugin expect you being on autopilot, and won't bore you with heading correction calls. Except for approximation and departure phases.
Wow, I believe this is the ultimate answer to all my doubts: I tried KPAE->KCLM without engaging a/p at all, and all wpts were taken into account. Thanks for clarifying.
Hi ntnll, I read your dialog with jkeye, and understood plugin doesn't vector me if HDG or NAV or GPS is engaged on a/p. Can you confirm I can set ALT mode only, and still being vectored by plugin? Or, I definitely need to fly the plane manually?

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 am

vittop wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:55 pm
vittop wrote:
ntnll wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:15 am

On NAV, the plugin expect you being on autopilot, and won't bore you with heading correction calls. Except for approximation and departure phases.
Wow, I believe this is the ultimate answer to all my doubts: I tried KPAE->KCLM without engaging a/p at all, and all wpts were taken into account. Thanks for clarifying.
Hi ntnll, I read your dialog with jkeye, and understood plugin doesn't vector me if HDG or NAV or GPS is engaged on a/p. Can you confirm I can set ALT mode only, and still being vectored by plugin? Or, I definitely need to fly the plane manually?
Hi vittop
plugin does not vector only on LNAV. That doesn't include VNAV (altitude, vspeed), and HDG. For confirmation have a look at the flight information, it should shows when "autopilot" is detected.
124thATC Developer

jkeye

Post by jkeye » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:31 pm

[/quote]
Hi vittop
plugin does not vector only on LNAV. That doesn't include VNAV (altitude, vspeed), and HDG. For confirmation have a look at the flight information, it should shows when "autopilot" is detected.
[/quote]

I think HDG and VNAV modes require autopilot to be engaged first.

vittop

Post by vittop » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:11 pm

ntnll wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 am
vittop wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:55 pm
vittop wrote:

Hi vittop
Autopilot is surely detected, because HDG is the a/p mode I've been always using, until I realized that plugin often didn't vector me after the first waypoint in the situations I mentioned (my test flights between KPAE and KCLM, or between KHAE and KMKE) unless I fly them without a/p, as I tested and reported about lately. On GA planes I usually fly, HDG button (which is actually an HDG SEL rather than a HDG HOLD) has no effect if autopilot is off, with HDG acting on a/p ROLL mode until the selected HDG is reached (if it were an HDG HOLD it will simply keep the present heading). So if you say "plugin does not vector only on LNAV" this is the point: HDG is a Lateral Navigation mode of the a/p. Is there any way to change the plugin behaviour, so that for example if I forget to turn course knob after a waypoint (and/or change VOR frequency if I fly a VOR to VOR plan like my test KHAE to KMKE), it tells me to turn, even if a/p HDG mode is engaged?

Andi111882

Post by Andi111882 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi ntnill,

I'm not able to enter a flightplan where an airway is used twice ore multiple times.
e.g. LIPZ/04R CHI6X CHI M859 EKPAL Z388 KALMO M730 GEN M859 VAMTU UM984 KOLON UZ184 GANGU UM984 DIVKO UN975 BISBA BISB1E LEBL/07R

I'm using RC41

Regards

JANPIRO

Post by JANPIRO » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi,
I use the latest version, and everything works well except a small problem.
I made a flight LFMN(Nice) Lfpg (Paris) and when I want to choose my star who is tini8w I can't accede because I can t unroll all the star and Tini is not visible.Image
Capture-d’écran-2019-08-08-à-16.26.03.jpg.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Thanks gusy for the feedback, I'll have a look into it.

124thATCv2.0-a60RC42 uploaded.

- improved SID and STAR lat/lon discovery
- added new auto-update feature

Next versions will be pushed via auto-update feature for test purpose.

a.
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:58 pm

ntnll wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 pm

a.
Tried KGRF to KCLM via SEA ULESS ARRIE ELWHA, had a crash after flight plan clearance from ground, using 11.35 demo. Find the bugreport attached
bugReport.tar.gz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm

vittop wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:58 pm
ntnll wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 pm

a.
Tried KGRF to KCLM via SEA ULESS ARRIE ELWHA, had a crash after flight plan clearance from ground, using 11.35 demo. Find the bugreport attached
bugReport.tar.gz
Hi vittop,
unable to reproduce it, all smoth on my sim. Can you repeat the test and confirm if was a glitch or is constant crash?

Thanks.
a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:04 pm

2.0-a60RC43 pushed via automatic update, please test the update feature.

Cheers,
a.
124thATC Developer

peroni

Post by peroni » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Auto update worked well. I would suggest to remove the option to reload the plugins, it often crashes XP

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 pm

peroni wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:42 pm
Auto update worked well. I would suggest to remove the option to reload the plugins, it often crashes XP
Hi peroni thanks for the feedback.
Is experimental, as it is crashing almos everytime. I'll probably push back it,in favour of the system exit function, in stable releases.
124thATC Developer