Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
argonius

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by argonius » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:46 am

Hi,

With flight plan LSZH GERSA ODINA LSZA, RC43 immediately crashes after pressing "Insert Flightplan". Bug report attached.

Cheers
Christian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Installed RC42 - used the update feature to RC43 and yes XP crashed.

2nd flight of RC43 and upon being told to cleared for ils contact tower... I responded which worked but alas I couldn't open a initial contact of the tower dialog. On landing I did get a message to contact ground which I responded to but again couldn't open a initial ground contact dialog.

On another note this flight from CYOW to CYHZ entered the star FUNDY3 at EBONY. FUNDY3 has 2 entry points from the west EBONY to the north and ALLEX to the south. When I crossed EBONY the star path was a hard right south to ALLEX then BAFDY then MUVOX instead of staying on the north path from EBONY to EBKID to MUVOX.

I'm on AIRNAC cycle 1908.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bulva

Post by Bulva » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Also: "Installed RC42 - used the update feature to RC43 and yes XP crashed."

vittop

Post by vittop » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:27 pm

ntnll wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm
vittop wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:58 pm
ntnll wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 pm
Thanks gusy for the feedback, I'll have a look into it.

124thATCv2.0-a60RC42 uploaded.

- improved SID and STAR lat/lon discovery
- added new auto-update feature

Next versions will be pushed via auto-update feature for test purpose.

a.
Tried KGRF to KCLM via SEA ULESS ARRIE ELWHA, had a crash after flight plan clearance from ground, using 11.35 demo. Find the bugreport attached
bugReport.tar.gz
Hi vittop,
unable to reproduce it, all smoth on my sim. Can you repeat the test and confirm if was a glitch or is constant crash?

Thanks.
a.
Repeated same flight minutes ago, no crash, so you'r right, probably it was a glitch since it was the very first run. Now I have updated to RC43 using the built-in option and repeated the flight twice but in both cases I had crash as I tried to insert the flight plan, please find the debug attached
bugReport.tar.gz

(Btw, any new about allowing plugin to advise me to turn even with a/p HDG mode on?)

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi all,
I pushed an "empty" new a60RC44 release, in order to make some tests and exclude the automatic update as responsible of the crashes some users are experiencing.
So please, just update to a60RC44 via automatic update. Then please test if the crash occurs. If the crash still occurs, please try performing a manual a60RC44 installation, using the package available in the first post of this thread, and try again if the crash occurs with the manual installation as well.

Thanks for your help.
a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 pm

I probably find out the cause of the crashes, apparently is due to an incorrect code compilation while use Makefile instead Codeblocks. In fact, I jumped from Codeblocks to Makefile in the latest versions, but Makefile is generating different binary size. I need to double check the Makefile flags, there is something that is causing the crashes, only on Linux binaries BTW. Please confirm that the build a60RC44 I just re-upload is working also for you, as per my tests. If not, please try a manual installation, as previous suggested.

Thanks
a.
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:05 am

ntnll wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 pm
I probably find out the cause of the crashes, apparently is due to an incorrect code compilation while use Makefile instead Codeblocks. In fact, I jumped from Codeblocks to Makefile in the latest versions, but Makefile is generating different binary size. I need to double check the Makefile flags, there is something that is causing the crashes, only on Linux binaries BTW. Please confirm that the build a60RC44 I just re-upload is working also for you, as per my tests. If not, please try a manual installation, as previous suggested.

Thanks
a.
Updated to RC44 via auto installation from plugin menu. First 15' test flight, take off to cruise, no crash.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:02 am

vittop wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:05 am
Updated to RC44 via auto installation from plugin menu. First 15' test flight, take off to cruise, no crash.
Thanks mate, really appreciated your constant feedback, as all of the others testers and users, thanks again.

I'm planning to stop introducing any new line of code from today, and work hard fixing bugs, because I'm aiming to push the .60 version out ASAP.
Please guys report any reaming bugs.
Also, guys with non fibre connection, can you please report me how the update works? I'm on fibre and even for the windows binary, that is roughly 10MB, the update is instantaneous. I'm wondering how XP digest it while the connection is slower.
124thATC Developer

Bulva

Post by Bulva » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:16 am

I don't have slow internet, but the automatic update process has caused XP to freeze again.
Then I restart XP and the current version is already in use and working.

JANPIRO

Post by JANPIRO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:36 am

Hi,
I'm just reversing the rc42 version, and it still doesn t work,
I still don't have access to STAR Tini8e because it s not a drop - down menu.
Sans-titre.jpg.zip

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:31 pm

JANPIRO wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:36 am
Hi,
Sans-titre.jpg.zip
Janpiro, you should attach a log.txt with any message, is quite important for debugging. I'm prone to guess you didn't actually successfully update to the last versions, but I can't confirm without log.

You should get something like that, testing on RC44@LFPG:

124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:36 pm

ntnll wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:02 am
vittop wrote:
Thanks mate, really appreciated your constant feedback, as all of the others testers and users, thanks again.

I'm planning to stop introducing any new line of code from today, and work hard fixing bugs, because I'm aiming to push the .60 version out ASAP.
Also, guys with non fibre connection, can you please report me how the update works? I'm on fibre and even for the windows binary, that is roughly 10MB, the update is instantaneous. I'm wondering how XP digest it while the connection is slower.
I'm on ADSL 8Mb, I didn't take the timing for update, but I would say it took 2-3". I then accepted to reload plugins automatically, that took some minute, 2'-3' I would say, but after this I anyway restarted XP since other plugins (i.e. FlywithLUA) gave some error following built-in plugins' reload.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:40 pm

vittop wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:36 pm
ntnll wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:02 am
vittop wrote:

I'm on ADSL 8Mb, I didn't take the timing for update, but I would say it took 2-3". I then accepted to reload plugins automatically, that took some minute, 2'-3' I would say, but after this I anyway restarted XP since other plugins (i.e. FlywithLUA) gave some error following built-in plugins' reload.
Thanks vittop.
XP reload is definitely unreliable, pushed back for now.
124thATC Developer

JANPIRO

Post by JANPIRO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:10 pm

ntnll wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:31 pm
JANPIRO wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:36 am
Hi,
Sans-titre.jpg.zip
Janpiro, you should attach a log.txt with any message, is quite important for debugging. I'm prone to guess you didn't actually successfully update to the last versions, but I can't confirm without log.

You should get something like that, testing on RC44@LFPG:

I tried to test with the rc44 version And twice xplane crash when I click on "insert Flightplan
Impossible to use rc44
Well, I'd rather try with the track 09r, you can try it with the 26r.
Log.txt.zip
Last edited by JANPIRO on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruetzi

Post by ruetzi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:46 pm

With RC44 a short flight from EDDK to EDDF. Waypoints COL RUDUS ASKIK. Among the offered SIDs I chose COL7M for runway 32L.
By entering the SID in the FMS, the direct connection to COL is correctly deleted. Everything else without problems. On FL 150 the offer to select the STAR for RW 07L for EDDF - ROL07N was selected by me. When transferring the STAR to the FMS, the waypoints RUDUS and ASKIK were not deleted. With ATC dialog I skipped them. The descent was first assigned to me to 11000, then to 10000. Then again climbing to 11000. Then again everything ok: Descent first 9000 then 3300 and land.
Is that correct, that RUDUS and ASKIK are not deleted by the plugin?

Otherwise I am only enthusiastic!

Greeting
ruetzi

Like this: