Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
peterg
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:43 am

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by peterg » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:23 am

First flight with a60RC52 from EDDM to EDLW. Contact to EDDM Delivery and Ground works now.
In EDLW contact to Tower too late (300m before runway)
SID and Stars works correct
iMac, 27inch, 2017; Radeon Pro 580 8GB; Plane 11.36r2

chrispalf
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by chrispalf » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:10 am

HI,

Testing a60RC52 fir the 8.33Hz spacing and I have a serious issue, frequencies populated via XUIPC are no longer correct, the decimal point is shifted by one place so 123.45 becomnes 12.345. Frequencies selected by the frequency menu are OK so this is my current work round.

Please could the existing logic be maintained as as option (enable/disable 8.33Hz support) otherwise I will be unable to use my VRinsight hardware radio panel. I suspect this will impact other users too.

Kind regards, Chris

ntnll
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:33 pm

chrispalf wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:10 am
HI,

Testing a60RC52 fir the 8.33Hz spacing and I have a serious issue, frequencies populated via XUIPC are no longer correct, the decimal point is shifted by one place so 123.45 becomnes 12.345. Frequencies selected by the frequency menu are OK so this is my current work round.

Please could the existing logic be maintained as as option (enable/disable 8.33Hz support) otherwise I will be unable to use my VRinsight hardware radio panel. I suspect this will impact other users too.

Kind regards, Chris

Thanks guys for the feedbacks, but no logs attached!!!
This 8.33 frequencies are driving me nuts..

chrispal, can you better explain your issue? In which airport are you facing the issue? Which panel are you using? Are you using 124th on VR? I'm curious because I have a visor, and I'm going to test and extend VR support in the next months, so I'm wondering which if the state of art about vr, x-plane and 124th VR workarounds

Speaking about the frequencies, I can definitely define an option, but I would like to contact Laminar in order to realize which is the best practice the developers should adopt in order to provide full/backward compatibility
124thATC Developer

doc124
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by doc124 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:01 am

I am also using a60RC52 and having the same issue with the radio frequencies. I use Saitek's radio panel and the frequencies are also tuned with the decimal point one place to the left, for example, 012.19 instead of 121.90. And this is only if I select the radio frequency from the menu. Otherwise, it will not work. I experienced this flying from KRNO to KFAT. Bug report attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chrispalf
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by chrispalf » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:22 pm

ntnll wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:33 pm
chrispalf wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:10 am
HI,

Testing a60RC52 fir the 8.33Hz spacing and I have a serious issue, frequencies populated via XUIPC are no longer correct, the decimal point is shifted by one place so 123.45 becomnes 12.345. Frequencies selected by the frequency menu are OK so this is my current work round.

Please could the existing logic be maintained as as option (enable/disable 8.33Hz support) otherwise I will be unable to use my VRinsight hardware radio panel. I suspect this will impact other users too.

Kind regards, Chris

Thanks guys for the feedbacks, but no logs attached!!!
This 8.33 frequencies are driving me nuts..

chrispal, can you better explain your issue? In which airport are you facing the issue? Which panel are you using? Are you using 124th on VR? I'm curious because I have a visor, and I'm going to test and extend VR support in the next months, so I'm wondering which if the state of art about vr, x-plane and 124th VR workarounds

Speaking about the frequencies, I can definitely define an option, but I would like to contact Laminar in order to realize which is the best practice the developers should adopt in order to provide full/backward compatibility
Hi, no crashes so I don't think the logs would help. I see doc124 below submitted a bug report too.

The problem affects every frequency so every airport and every en-route center.

Currently I'm tuned to Ho Chi Min center on 122.10 but when I check the frequency on my VRinsight MCP the frequency shown is 112.01 and an underscore '_' where the last zero should be. If I select 122.10 on the radio panel the frequency reported by 124thATC is 1221.00 so it seems the modification you made is now assuming all frequencies are to 3 decimal places which is consistent with 8.33 spacing. My panel can only understand 2 DP's so I think the problem is that the decimal point is being shifted.

No, I'm not using VR - in this case VRInsight just happens to be the name of the MCP hardware manufacturer. My VRinsight panel communicates with XP using XUPIC.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards, Chris

ntnll
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm

chrispalf wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:10 am

Hi, no crashes so I don't think the logs would help. I see doc124 below submitted a bug report too.
That's not correct. I do need bug report anytime, not just in case of crashes, as frequently stated. It helps me to understand your configuration, your specs and how to replicate your flight. Even if some issue look easy to be replicated, there are dozens of clues in the logs that actually helps me a LOT. Please ALWAYS attach the bugReport as doc124 did. Is quite easy I believe, I created the script for make your life easier :)

Thanks to you all guys, I'm make some tests right now.

a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Pulling my dusty Radio Panel out. What's the state of the drivers? Are you guys using sparker's Xsaitekpanles or the Saitek drivers?
I didn't use it since a lot of time...

edit: definitely a 124thATC issue, working on that
Last edited by ntnll on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
124thATC Developer

crbascott
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:36 am

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by crbascott » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:39 am

Another user of a60RC52 with the radio frequencies issue. I'm flying the Zibo B738 3.36.11 and I've included a screenshot of the comms panel along with a bug report. The active freq was updated by the plugin. The standby freq was updated by me using the dials.
124th_Freq.JPG
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:08 am

crbascott wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:39 am
Another user of a60RC52 with the radio frequencies issue. I'm flying the Zibo B738 3.36.11 and I've included a screenshot of the comms panel along with a bug report. The active freq was updated by the plugin. The standby freq was updated by me using the dials.

124th_Freq.JPG

Thanks!
Thanks crbascott , I'll have a look.
124thATC Developer

doc124
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by doc124 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:50 pm

ntnll wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm
My first guess is incompatibility of Saitek Radio Plugin with 8.33 (????), I'll double check it.
Pulling my dusty Radio Panel out. What's the state of the drivers? Are you guys using sparker's Xsaitekpanles or the Saitek drivers?
I didn't use it since a lot of time...
I have always used Sparker's drivers but it looks like the radios in the cockpit are affected as well.

ntnll
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:19 pm

a60RC53 online via auto-update. Hopefully we have full compatibility with 8.33 frequencies.
Please report any issue, and any broken compatibility with older frequencies (XP10)

I promoted a new version of the lib, fixing some crashes while using curl for updates, but the automatic libs update is not available yet, so Windows users, please manual update the libcurl.dll from the package 124thATCv2.0-a60RC53.zip available in the first post of the thread, replace it in your 64/win/ and win_x64/ folders (or just simply re-install the plugin)

Thanks
a.
124thATC Developer

vittop
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by vittop » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:28 am

ntnll wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:19 pm
a60RC53 online via auto-update. Hopefully we have full compatibility with 8.33 frequencies.
Please report any issue, and any broken compatibility with older frequencies (XP10)

I promoted a new version of the lib, fixing some crashes while using curl for updates, but the automatic libs update is not available yet, so Windows users, please manual update the libcurl.dll from the package 124thATCv2.0-a60RC53.zip available in the first post of the thread, replace it in your 64/win/ and win_x64/ folders (or just simply re-install the plugin)

Thanks
a.
Automatic update from inside X-Plane fails, I am offered a59. The log says:

124thATC v2.0-a60RC52 10:20:04: fetching updates...
124thATC v2.0-a60RC52 10:20:05: fetching updates...
124thATC v2.0-a60RC52 10:20:06: Current version is a RC: 2.0-a60RC52
124thATC v2.0-a60RC52 10:20:06: RC version needs an update to a stable version!!!: 20599 > 2060 52

Please find debug file as usual. In the meantime I d'loaded zipped RC53 from repository
bugReport.tar.gz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Using XP11.36|Ubuntu 16.04\Mint 18.3|Kernel 4.15.0-60|amdgpu opensource driver]

ntnll
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:10 am

vittop wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:28 am
ntnll wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:19 pm
a60RC53 online via auto-update. Hopefully we have full compatibility with 8.33 frequencies.
Please report any issue, and any broken compatibility with older frequencies (XP10)

I promoted a new version of the lib, fixing some crashes while using curl for updates, but the automatic libs update is not available yet, so Windows users, please manual update the libcurl.dll from the package 124thATCv2.0-a60RC53.zip available in the first post of the thread, replace it in your 64/win/ and win_x64/ folders (or just simply re-install the plugin)

Thanks
a.
Automatic update from inside X-Plane fails, I am offered a59. The log says:

124thATC v2.0-a60RC52 10:20:04: fetching updates...
124thATC v2.0-a60RC52 10:20:05: fetching updates...
124thATC v2.0-a60RC52 10:20:06: Current version is a RC: 2.0-a60RC52
124thATC v2.0-a60RC52 10:20:06: RC version needs an update to a stable version!!!: 20599 > 2060 52

Please find debug file as usual. In the meantime I d'loaded zipped RC53 from repository

bugReport.tar.gz

Thanks vittop for the feedback, I'll check it out.
a.
124thATC Developer

ruetzi
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ruetzi » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Just finished the update. rc53 was offered. The dll's copied into the two folders - not flown yet, but it all worked so far.

Greeting
ruetzi

ntnll
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:15 pm

ruetzi wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:10 pm
Just finished the update. rc53 was offered. The dll's copied into the two folders - not flown yet, but it all worked so far.

Greeting
ruetzi
Thanks ruetzi.
Is strange, looks the issue vittof is facing is quite intermittent. I'll make some tests later
124thATC Developer

Post Reply