Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
RandomUser
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by RandomUser » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 pm

argonius wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 am
I normally ignore it too (but then you normally need to ignore altitude as well and stick to the STAR altitudes, otherwise you end up to high at IAF, like in the example above I was still at FL150). This time I have "obeyed" to show how weird the vectoes given are.
The good thing about 124th is that requests for a cruise altitude change are (almost?) always granted, so if you want to descend on a STAR and don't have clearance to do so yet, simply request a new altitude.

argonius
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by argonius » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 am

RandomUser wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 pm
The good thing about 124th is that requests for a cruise altitude change are (almost?) always granted, so if you want to descend on a STAR and don't have clearance to do so yet, simply request a new altitude.
Good point, never have thought about. :idea:

RandomUser
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by RandomUser » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 pm

argonius wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 am
Good point, never have thought about. :idea:
Only found out about this by sheer necessity during one flight.

nex
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:34 am

Re: RCs public previews

Post by nex » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 am

RandomUser wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Speaking of: Can the "Look for SID/STARs" function from the flight plan tool be moved to the controller dialogs?

Something like:
"Request clearance (no SID)"
"Request clearance (pick SID)"
"Request clearance (Auto-SID)"

"Use vectored approach"
"Use STAR approach (pick STAR)"
"Use STAR approach (Auto-STAR)"

That would be a really nice addition and it would make the tool much more usable and versatile. Would love to see this!

Andi111882
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 am

Re: RCs public previews

Post by Andi111882 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Maybe I missed something but could someone please tell me how to manually select SID/STAR?
I saw some screenshots of a SID/STAR selection dialog in this thread but I don't really know where to find it.

ntnll
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by ntnll » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Last build a60RC24 uploaded.
A lot of changes have been made on the code, I expect any kind of bug. This is the last massive rewriting on the code for the version .60, in the next days I'll concentrate on improving stability and fix the last bugs, then release.
I introduced a basic support for the altitude restrictions, and emergency phase rewritten. Both functionality new, so be patients with the bugs.
a.
124thATC Developer

vittop
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am

Re: RCs public previews

Post by vittop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:41 pm

ntnll wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Last build a60RC24 uploaded.
A lot of changes have been made on the code, I expect any kind of bug. This is the last massive rewriting on the code for the version .60, in the next days I'll concentrate on improving stability and fix the last bugs, then release.
I introduced a basic support for the altitude restrictions, and emergency phase rewritten. Both functionality new, so be patients with the bugs.
a.
Hi. Here is my 1st RC24 test: KGRF vfr to KOLM, FL80. Had an issue only when contacting Olympia App, since "I" claimed to be descending to 0 feet without any order from previous Center to do so, while I was still climbing to FL80 as cleared:

124thATC v2.0-a60RC24 23:19:37: Communication: Olympia Regional approach, good afternoon, N172SP passing flight level 53, descending 0 feet

Please find the usual debug pkg attached.
bugReport.tar.gz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by ntnll » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:55 am

Andi111882 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 pm
Maybe I missed something but could someone please tell me how to manually select SID/STAR?
I saw some screenshots of a SID/STAR selection dialog in this thread but I don't really know where to find it.
Hi Andi111882,
A window dialog should opens after filing the flight plan for SID, and another in flight for STAR. This can works only if your navdata are correctly installed (see manual)
124thATC Developer

ntnll
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by ntnll » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:57 am

vittop wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:41 pm
ntnll wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Last build a60RC24 uploaded.
A lot of changes have been made on the code, I expect any kind of bug. This is the last massive rewriting on the code for the version .60, in the next days I'll concentrate on improving stability and fix the last bugs, then release.
I introduced a basic support for the altitude restrictions, and emergency phase rewritten. Both functionality new, so be patients with the bugs.
a.
Hi. Here is my 1st RC24 test: KGRF vfr to KOLM, FL80. Had an issue only when contacting Olympia App, since "I" claimed to be descending to 0 feet without any order from previous Center to do so, while I was still climbing to FL80 as cleared:

124thATC v2.0-a60RC24 23:19:37: Communication: Olympia Regional approach, good afternoon, N172SP passing flight level 53, descending 0 feet

Please find the usual debug pkg attached.
bugReport.tar.gz
Hi vitto, thanks for your feedback.
Yes I experienced this issue a couple of times, I'm investigating
Happy to see no crashes and other relevant bugs..

A.
124thATC Developer

ntnll
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by ntnll » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 am

argonius wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:57 pm
Hi,

Just did a flight with RC23 from BIEG to BIRK (BRUSI ASKJA ARNAR BLAMI TIBRA). No crash even with using custom commands.

Departure was fine. But I don't understand why the plugin is adding some (IMHO) weird approximation waypoints in transition from STAR to approach. In this flight I have selected STAR TIBR1N and RWY 19. TIBR1N ends at KUSUR and KUSUR is IAF of the ILS approach to RWY19. So, why is the plugin adding two approximation waypoints? You can see the loop it made me fly on the map attached.

Also, the initial descent to FL150 is very early if you compare it to the TOD calculated by Little Navmap (using 1200 fpm in Navmap and in plugin settings).

BR
Christian
Hi Chris,
the approx points are added in order to provide a smoother approach in the scenarios where the STAR approach doesn't. I'll probably give the opportunity in the future to disable this function in the options
124thATC Developer

ntnll
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by ntnll » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 am

RandomUser wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:27 pm
When flying STARs, I usually ignore vectoring calls.

Ideally, 124th wouldn't vector you at all if the current approach mode is STAR (and only provide speed and alitude clearance), but you'd be able to revert to a vectored approach at any time (to make a short visual final or so).

Speaking of: Can the "Look for SID/STARs" function from the flight plan tool be moved to the controller dialogs?

Something like:
"Request clearance (no SID)"
"Request clearance (pick SID)"
"Request clearance (Auto-SID)"

"Use vectored approach"
"Use STAR approach (pick STAR)"
"Use STAR approach (Auto-STAR)"
Hi RandomUser,
I'll think about that, feel free to propose it in the correct section.
a.
124thATC Developer

Othello
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by Othello » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:10 am

Hi Antonello,

maybe it is somehow helpful:
https://developer.x-plane.com/2019/02/t ... read-safe/

Günther

Excuse me please using the wrong name,
Last edited by Othello on Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vittop
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am

Re: RCs public previews

Post by vittop » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:13 am

ntnll wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:57 am
vittop wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:41 pm
ntnll wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Last build a60RC24 uploaded.
A lot of changes have been made on the code, I expect any kind of bug. This is the last massive rewriting on the code for the version .60, in the next days I'll concentrate on improving stability and fix the last bugs, then release.
I introduced a basic support for the altitude restrictions, and emergency phase rewritten. Both functionality new, so be patients with the bugs.
a.
Hi. Here is my 1st RC24 test: KGRF vfr to KOLM, FL80. Had an issue only when contacting Olympia App, since "I" claimed to be descending to 0 feet without any order from previous Center to do so, while I was still climbing to FL80 as cleared:

124thATC v2.0-a60RC24 23:19:37: Communication: Olympia Regional approach, good afternoon, N172SP passing flight level 53, descending 0 feet

Please find the usual debug pkg attached.
bugReport.tar.gz
Hi vitto, thanks for your feedback.
Yes I experienced this issue a couple of times, I'm investigating
Happy to see no crashes and other relevant bugs..

A.
Retried using RC24 on same flight as above, but this time IFR w/automatic STAR/SID. Sadly, for two times I had the crash just after acknolwledging T/O clearance from TWR. I was using my newly licensed 11.31 XP11 under Ubuntu 16.04, please find both bugReports attached:
bugReport2.tar.gz
bugReport1.tar.gz
(Btw, I also went back to test RC24 to my "old" XP11 11.31 Demo under another OS (LM18) but with same crash at same stage)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RandomUser
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: RCs public previews

Post by RandomUser » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Some of the crashes can be attributed to X-Plane, which seems to be quite unstable as of 11.32.

ntnll wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 am
Hi RandomUser,
I'll think about that, feel free to propose it in the correct section.
a.
Done.

Phoenix591
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:45 am

Re: RCs public previews

Post by Phoenix591 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:52 am

Had a sort of similar issue re: the 0 ft thing. It gave me my full cruise altitude (FL350) as my initial altitude (Departing KMSP 30L via RST1 SID where the initial altitude should be around 7000 ft ) then when taking off and climbing 'I' was saying decending to 0 ft.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply