Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
CaptainYouKnowWho

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by CaptainYouKnowWho » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:54 am

Hi.

Just a reminder, If any of you use RC51 and want to fly into ESSA Arlanda. Do not use ELTO2V STAR into RW26. I've done 3 Flights to ESSA, 1 into 01L using ELTO2J that was successful. and the other 2 was ELTO2V into RW26 those were unsuccessful. First one sent me past the airport and never gave me any heading back to the airport and for the second one i turned on "Do not create approximation fixes" that led 124th ATC to not give me a descent clearance below FL160 when i was supposed to be at FL100, Finally it gave me the clearance for FL100 when i was supposed to be at 5000 feet. i Could only reach FL140 before 124th ATC told me to climb back to FL160, i barely reached FL150 and then X-plane froze and crashed.
I could not find anything in the x-plane log file that pointed to any part of X-plane failing, so i guess it was 124th ATC that crashed X-plane.

If anybody could look into this or test it out for themselfs, It would be appreciated.

kind Regards
CaptainYouKnowWho

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:52 pm

a60RC54 available via auto-update.
Aiming to release in October, as decent stability will be reached.
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:37 am

ntnll wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:52 pm
a60RC54 available via auto-update.
Aiming to release in October, as decent stability will be reached.
Updated to RC54. I installed manually RC53 from zip file (upgrade from RC52 failed offering me stable 59 release), then upgraded. Only update issue left, which happens often after an upgrade and X-Plane restart, after inserting IFR FP the plugin skips directly to "Say Again / Accept / Other runway" popup. If I click Accept, then plugin crashes. Will do some more test, since It looks like if I reset plugin (by means of the related command in the plugin popup menu) before filing IFR request, thing go better.

Another minor issue, when Tower hands off me to Center, "I" replay saying 0.0 instead of the frequency, and this latter instead of the flight code. Example:

124thATC v2.0-a60RC54 09:53:03: Communication: N172SP, Altimeter 29.99. Contact Los Angeles Center on 125.650, bye.
124thATC v2.0-a60RC54 09:53:13: Communication: Altimeter 29.99. Contact Los Angeles Center on 0.00, good bye, 125.650

Bugreport file added. Thanx
bugReport.tar.gz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Using XP11.36|Ubuntu 16.04\Mint 18.3|Kernel 4.15.0-60|amdgpu opensource driver]

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:17 am

vittop wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:37 am

Only update issue left, which happens often after an upgrade and X-Plane restart, after inserting IFR FP the plugin skips directly to "Say Again / Accept / Other runway" popup. If I click Accept, then plugin crashes. Will do some more test, since It looks like if I reset plugin (by means of the related command in the plugin popup menu) before filing IFR request, thing go better.
Hi vittop, many thanks for your constant feedback.
Can you please better explain the issue you're facing? Is that happening only once, after the update?
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:19 pm

ntnll wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:17 am
vittop wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:37 am

Only update issue left, which happens often after an upgrade and X-Plane restart, after inserting IFR FP the plugin skips directly to "Say Again / Accept / Other runway" popup. If I click Accept, then plugin crashes. Will do some more test, since It looks like if I reset plugin (by means of the related command in the plugin popup menu) before filing IFR request, thing go better.
Hi vittop, many thanks for your constant feedback.
Can you please better explain the issue you're facing? Is that happening only once, after the update?
No, I had it also after a further XP restart or even a reboot. Only when I reset the plugin as mentioned, I was able to proceed to T/O clearance. Is my belief that something may be wrong either with acceptance of previously set parameters or with first-time initialization for linux version. I faced a similar issue in the past, in the era "pre-update feature", when replacing 124thATC folder with a new one coming from ZIP file. First attempt to use plugin almost always gave a crash. Then my solution was to restart XP, enter 124thATC setup, change some value, save, and after this it worked almost always.
[Using XP11.36|Ubuntu 16.04\Mint 18.3|Kernel 4.15.0-60|amdgpu opensource driver]

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:15 pm

vittop wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:19 pm

No, I had it also after a further XP restart or even a reboot. Only when I reset the plugin as mentioned, I was able to proceed to T/O clearance. Is my belief that something may be wrong either with acceptance of previously set parameters or with first-time initialization for linux version. I faced a similar issue in the past, in the era "pre-update feature", when replacing 124thATC folder with a new one coming from ZIP file. First attempt to use plugin almost always gave a crash. Then my solution was to restart XP, enter 124thATC setup, change some value, save, and after this it worked almost always.
I wasn't able to replicate the issue. I completed a flight Barcelona - Alghero without no issue. I tried straight filing the FP, and also resetting plugin before filing it. Both went good.

The only thing I noticed, is that if I de-select "look for Sid and Star" while filing the FP, and then I choose "other runway", the delivery dialog re-opens without prompt for the new runway selection. That's quite strange, as in Windows and OSX it doesn't happens.

Can you please provide me the full steps to replicate it? Can you also please send the log of the test (without complete the flight, just closing the sim after the dialog issue you reported)?

I fixed the other issue of the 0.00, pushing later with the next build

Many thanks,
a.
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:59 am

ntnll wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:15 pm
vittop wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:19 pm

I wasn't able to replicate the issue. I completed a flight Barcelona - Alghero without no issue. I tried straight filing the FP, and also resetting plugin before filing it. Both went good.

The only thing I noticed, is that if I de-select "look for Sid and Star" while filing the FP, and then I choose "other runway", the delivery dialog re-opens without prompt for the new runway selection. That's quite strange, as in Windows and OSX it doesn't happens.

Can you please provide me the full steps to replicate it? Can you also please send the log of the test (without complete the flight, just closing the sim after the dialog issue you reported)?

I fixed the other issue of the 0.00, pushing later with the next build

Many thanks,
a.
Ok, should the problem appear again, I will send you the logs. In the meantime, built-in update to RC55 went ok. As usually I disabled all plugins other than 124th ATC before updating. At X-Plane restart, I was able to proceed with flight plan filing, take off and handoff to Center. Tried either on my X-Plane Demo (Linux Mint 18.3) and X-Plane Full (Ubuntu 16.04) installations, with same result.

vittop

Post by vittop » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 am

Hi Antonello, I updated to RC56 with built-in plugin feature. All update test have been done disabling all plugins other than 124thATC from plugin manager, and of course closing and restarting XP each tim.

- First attempt went bad, since I was offered a59, i.e. to downgrade to last stable release. I did not update, quitted XP, and I have a bugreport for you taken after this attempt:
bugReport_a59.tar.gz
- Second attempt, update went ok, I updated to a60RC56. Quitted XP then restarted and tried to ask a brief flt plan from KGRF to KPAE. This time plugin only produced a popup [Say Again\Other Runway\Readback], which does nothing, with previous releases I had a crash here. This time I simply loose contact with plugin. Here is the related bugreport:
bugReport_a60RC56.tar.gz
- Third attempt is same as above, but as first action I "reset plugin" from plugin popup menu. This time I was able to file flight plan, have it accepted by plugin, then I was handed off to tower and all seemed regular. Please find the related bugreport.
bugReport_a60RC56reset.tar.gz
- A fourth attempt was a repetition of second one, to check if the reset plugin I did on the third one fixed permanently the issue, but it did not, same behaviour as second attempt.

Hope this will help. Thanx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vittop

Post by vittop » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:15 pm

vittop wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 am
Hi Antonello, I updated to RC56 with built-in plugin feature. All update test have been done disabling all plugins other than 124thATC from plugin manager, and of course closing and restarting XP each tim.
UPDATE: I retried a fifth time, this time changing departure airport to KAMN, not even know where it is, probably Illinois. This seems to have fixed the issue. I had normal behaviour with it, then restarded XP, went back to previous KGRF departure airport and no issue again. Please find attached the debug file taken after success with new departure airport.
bugReport_depaptchg.tar.gz

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:09 pm

vittop wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:15 pm
UPDATE: I retried a fifth time, this time changing departure airport to KAMN, not even know where it is, probably Illinois. This seems to have fixed the issue. I had normal behaviour with it, then restarded XP, went back to previous KGRF departure airport and no issue again. Please find attached the debug file taken after success with new departure airport.
Thanks vittop for your tests, really appreciated. I'll try to replicate the issue on my rid.
Cheers,
a.
Last edited by ntnll on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:22 pm

vittop wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 am

- First attempt went bad, since I was offered a59, i.e. to downgrade to last stable release. I did not update, quitted XP, and I have a bugreport for you taken after this attempt:

bugReport_a59.tar.gz

- Second attempt, update went ok, I updated to a60RC56. Quitted XP then restarted and tried to ask a brief flt plan from KGRF to KPAE. This time plugin only produced a popup [Say Again\Other Runway\Readback], which does nothing, with previous releases I had a crash here. This time I simply loose contact with plugin. Here is the related bugreport:

bugReport_a60RC56.tar.gz

- Third attempt is same as above, but as first action I "reset plugin" from plugin popup menu. This time I was able to file flight plan, have it accepted by plugin, then I was handed off to tower and all seemed regular. Please find the related bugreport.

bugReport_a60RC56reset.tar.gz

- A fourth attempt was a repetition of second one, to check if the reset plugin I did on the third one fixed permanently the issue, but it did not, same behaviour as second attempt.

Hope this will help. Thanx
Hi vittop,
I can't replicate the issue.
In the second bugReport, the one that should reports the issue, I don't see any crash, the last line of the log is the succesfull x-plane shutdown:

----- X-Plane has shut down -----

Can you please send me a log of the next crash/dialog issue you would face?
Many thanks,
a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi all,
guys I'm not facing relevant bug since days, please if I forgot any relevant one, and didn't fixed it in the last RC version, please report back, and I'll have a look into it. As usual please attach bug report or at least Log.txt. As previously stated, I'm aiming to release the stable version this month.

Many thanks,
a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:42 pm

a60RC57 uploaded.
Minor bug fixed improving stability
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:22 am

ntnll wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:22 pm
Can you please send me a log of the next crash/dialog issue you would face?
Many thanks,
a.
Yes, as I actually wrote, "plugin only produced a popup [Say Again\Other Runway\Readback], which does nothing, with previous releases I had a crash here". This means that with RC before that, I had a popup doing nothing and, as I choosed "Readback", plugin crashed, while with that RC56 I had no crash, but of course the plugin din't work since stuck at that stage, i.e. the popup which does nothing.

UPDATE: In the meantime, I updated to RC57 without problem. I also needed not to do anything (reset plugin, change departure airport) to have it working.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:10 am

vittop wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:22 am
UPDATE: In the meantime, I updated to RC57 without problem. I also needed not to do anything (reset plugin, change departure airport) to have it working.
Great. I found and fixed thanks to your previous reports, a bug that was probably the cause of the update issue. Let me know if you face the issue again.

a.
124thATC Developer