Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
argonius

Re: RCs public previews

Post by argonius » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:37 pm

ntnll wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:03 pm
Thanks Christian, bug identified and fixed ; )
Sound goods, looking forward to RC29 ;)

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Test RC28 data cycle 1904 flight plan from CYQY to CYOW via star Deans9 encountered the lat long 0,0 problem.

ATC inserts on Star selection 2 stops at lat long of zero and reorders waypoints so that ILS and runway waypoints are out of sequence.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:07 am

earlcw wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:20 pm
Test RC28 data cycle 1904 flight plan from CYQY to CYOW via star Deans9 encountered the lat long 0,0 problem.

ATC inserts on Star selection 2 stops at lat long of zero and reorders waypoints so that ILS and runway waypoints are out of sequence.
Thanks for reporting earlcw, I'll have a look
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:09 am

a60RC29 uploaded. Fixed missing hand-overs to tower, improved descent phase, initial altitude issue. I had a couple of crashes in my last tests, still not isolated, please provide any feedback about plugin stability

a.
124thATC Developer

argonius

Post by argonius » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi Antonello,

I have repeated my earlier flight with RC29: IFR from EGLC to EGGP (route: BPK WELIN T420 TNT) with manual STAR/SID selection and FL220 cruise alt.
- First of all - no crash :)
- I selected RWY27 and SID BPK1A for departure
- I got initial clearance to FL90. So no longer direct clearance to cruise FL! :)
(but still not taking into account the 3000ft restriction of the SID. I understand this is not yet implemented)
- Issue 1 (NEW): Clearance response by pilot "Cleared to EGGP via BPK1A, runway 27 departure. Initial altitude flight level 220. Squawk 2072, Jersey 6532." -- should have been FL90
- Handover to center and cruise went fine, I selected RWY27 and STAR TIPO2G for arrival
- Issue 2 (same as RC28) - STAR TIPO2G requires FL100 at NANTI, the instruction to descend from FL150 to FL100 was received AT NANTI, so too late. In RC27 I got the instruction in due time BEFORE NANTI (but was requested to climb again to FL150 after passing NANTI)
- At the end of the STAR, I got vectoring to the ILS :)
(Compared to real life procedures it was a very wide turn beyond city of Manchester, but that was always the case with 124th ATC. The turning point was ca. 30NM away from LOC, in R/L it is at approx. 9NM. Maybe this could be improved in future)
- Handover to tower and to ground went smooth.

Looks like RC29 is a big improvement to previous RCs. Thanks for all your effort! Report attached.

Christian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vittop

Post by vittop » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:39 am

ntnll wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:09 am
a60RC29 uploaded. Fixed missing hand-overs to tower, improved descent phase, initial altitude issue. I had a couple of crashes in my last tests, still not isolated, please provide any feedback about plugin stability

a.
Hi, I did some test - three brief direct flights FL32 C172 IFR and VFR between KGRF and KOLM (about 20mls.) with no crash or any major issue. Then tried a more sophisticated flight IFR FL150 with default Kingair C90 between KPAE and KCLM via SEA ULESS ARRIE ELWHA. Plugin crashed just after T/O clearance. Please find attached the debug file.
bugReport.tar.gz
I then tried same FPL with Baron B58 and had no crash after T/O clearance. The big difference is that C90 is offered pushback by 124thATC, while B58 isn't. Therefore I went back to C90 and had again a crash, this time just after pushback (which I have to invoke by assigning and pressing a key sequence within XP11. Do U confirm 124thATC does not activate XP11 pushback automatically?). In any case here is the debug file:
bugReport1.tar.gz
At the end I tried the whole flight with B58. No crash but Atc abandoned me when, passed ULESS, did not ask me to turn left to ARRIE as expected. I went on flying previous leg's (SEA->ULESS) direction for several miles then shut down and created the debug file:
bugReport2.tar.gz
Last edited by vittop on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:46 pm

vittop wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:39 am
Do U confirm 124thATC does not activate XP11 pushback automatically?). In any case here is the debug file:
Thanks both guys for the feedback, really helpful.
Yes I confirm, I don't control the push back via plugin. I'll try to replicate the issue, never had a similar crash. No much time unfortunately to make proper, full, from cold&dark flights in the last weeks :_D
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Just about my "lost waypoint" issue, I repeated KPAE -> KCLM flight with a northern route via PAE DIGGN WATTR ELWHA. This time all went ok until I was told ATC to turn after ELWHA hdg 093 then 082, at last assigned altitude 3000ft. At that point I was already too high and beyond the GS start, with rwy in sight, so I was unable to intercept GS with A/P and therefore I completed the landing manually. Then plugin invited me to go to parking. Never been asked to contact TWR for landing clearance. Here is the debug:
bugReport.tar.gz

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:00 am

vittop wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 pm
Just about my "lost waypoint" issue, I repeated KPAE -> KCLM flight with a northern route via PAE DIGGN WATTR ELWHA. This time all went ok until I was told ATC to turn after ELWHA hdg 093 then 082, at last assigned altitude 3000ft. At that point I was already too high and beyond the GS start, with rwy in sight, so I was unable to intercept GS with A/P and therefore I completed the landing manually. Then plugin invited me to go to parking. Never been asked to contact TWR for landing clearance. Here is the debug:

bugReport.tar.gz
Hi vittop, thanks for your report. Is KCLM in your configuration a custom airport?
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:44 am

ntnll wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:00 am
vittop wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 pm

bugReport.tar.gz
Hi vittop, thanks for your report. Is KCLM in your configuration a custom airport?
No, just standard KCLM that comes with XP11.

In the meantime I flew a simpler route KPAE -> KCLM via DIGGN WATTR (only 2 intermediate waypoints). After DIGGN the DIGGN->WATTR leg was active on X-PLANE 530 (see picture)
2019-04-09-113258_1366x745_scrot.png
but no new route info from APP to turn right toward WATTR. Here is the bugReport file:
bugReport.tar.gz
Instead, the same flight with two different intermediate waypoints LOFAL JAWBN was fine from start straight to the approach. As already happened, I had no handoff to TWR and, once landed, plugin invited me to call GND for parking. I include bugReport file for this also. I am confident that comparing it with the previous one (via DIGGN WATTR) will help you about this skipped legs\handoffs.
bugReport_ok.tar.gz

vittop

Post by vittop » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Finally. I flew direct KPAE to KCLM, no intermediate wpts , no issue at all, find here its debug for comparison with previous ones
bugReport_ok2.tar.gz
Instead, I tested another flight KTMK to KLMT, then saved the flight while enroute and reloaded it. Of course as I invoked 124th ATC plugin, I had to request IFR clearance again to Center. Plugin crashed (find debug attached)
bugReport3.tar.gz
I believe it has something to deal with "lookForSIDSTAR" flag. In fact, after this crash, I repeated the attempt reloading once again XP11 and the same saved flight, but I unchecked "lookForSIDSTAR" flag before asking clearance, and had no crash until I safely landed at KLMT
Last edited by vittop on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:28 am

Using RC29 with data cycle 1904 CYQY to CYQM cruise FL320. I've done several flights many of the past bugs appear gone but this airport combination has created the same problem both times. When take off is requested the initial altitude of 7000 is given by ATC and no climb to FL320 is given. I did I confess give up after flying for some time at 7000 ft and request a FL change which worked. Decent in both cases did everything as expected. On the return trip accent to FL was given as expected.

stewy81

Post by stewy81 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 am

Tried to fly KMEM to KAUS with RC29 .........first thing that was weird was with no wind ATIS said using runways 18L, C, R but when requesting clearance I was given 36C ..........check atis again as I approached 36C and was still saying arrivals and departures 18 L, C, R...I know the argument mathematically ends up at 0 difference for either direction with no wind, but can we reference what ATIS is reporting as the actives? I feel this is a problem all the time, I don't know if its because the wind is below 10KTS or when it does it, but seems to always be conflict between ATIS and clearance we get.

Everything else was fine, hand offs to center, FL10 then FL360 so that worked, I had a crash before I could get to descent so not sure how the rest of the flight would have handled.

I'm not sure it was 124th that caused the crash, but there was a ACC lookup attempt right before the last line which showed a DSF lookup and then the crash so I will attach it anyway maybe will help figure out how to match ATIS and clearance.

Thanks,
John

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:23 am

stewy81 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 am
Tried to fly KMEM to KAUS with RC29 .........first thing that was weird was with no wind ATIS said using runways 18L, C, R but when requesting clearance I was given 36C ..........check atis again as I approached 36C and was still saying arrivals and departures 18 L, C, R...I know the argument mathematically ends up at 0 difference for either direction with no wind, but can we reference what ATIS is reporting as the actives? I feel this is a problem all the time, I don't know if its because the wind is below 10KTS or when it does it, but seems to always be conflict between ATIS and clearance we get.

Everything else was fine, hand offs to center, FL10 then FL360 so that worked, I had a crash before I could get to descent so not sure how the rest of the flight would have handled.

I'm not sure it was 124th that caused the crash, but there was a ACC lookup attempt right before the last line which showed a DSF lookup and then the crash so I will attach it anyway maybe will help figure out how to match ATIS and clearance.

Thanks,
John
Hi John
Atis is not controlled by 124th, but from X-Plane. So, if the two algorithms disagree about the wind calculation, you will have two different results. I'll have a look back to the algorithm efficiency ASAP though, thanks for reporting
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Flew IFR from KLMT to KLAS. Everything ok until APP instructed me to descend to FL51 for final on RWY 01R (strange not to have been sent to 01L which has ILS). From then, I had no handoff at all to TWR, I landed anyway to RWY 01R as instructed after a visual app, and after touch down 124th ATC instructed me to contact GND. This already happened to my while landing at 3S6, a small towerless strip near Crater Lake, OR, but McCarran Int'l has obviously a tower. Here is the related debug file

Thanks
bugReport.tar.gz