Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
earlcw

Re: Releas Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by earlcw » Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 am

In case it helps here is another crash with RC33. Earlier in the day and yesterday I flew without this plugin installed to see if 11.33 was stable and I had no problems. Did a full reinstall of RC33 after which the first flight was fine the second was as mentioned in my previous email and then this third one crashed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon May 13, 2019 7:46 pm

124thATCv2.0-a60RC34 uploaded.
I tried maybe 8-12 different flights and replicated all your crashing flights, I CAN'T reproduce the issue, that's really strange.
I either already fixed the bug in the RC34, or unable to find a way to replicate it.
No mayor fix, just minor fixes and improved efficiency.
I would say that I'm close to the release, if wouldn't for the crashes the users are reporting.
Going for GOT 8x05 now : )
124thATC Developer

RandomUser

Post by RandomUser » Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 pm

Once a60 is released, are you going to implement new features?

By the way: There's a typo in the thread title ("Releas").

ntnll

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by ntnll » Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 pm

RandomUser wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 pm
Once a60 is released, are you going to implement new features?

By the way: There's a typo in the thread title ("Releas").
Corrected, thanks. Sure that's the plan.
124thATC Developer

doc124

Post by doc124 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:32 am

Did my first test with RC34. No crashes. But I did have a similar experience to earlcw where it handed me off to approach an then quit vectoring me towards final or landing. No handoff to tower either. Instead, I kept flying further and further away and only being told to maintain my current altitude (FL150). I had to abandon ATC and pursue my own approach and landing using RNAV.

vittop

Post by vittop » Tue May 14, 2019 9:53 am

ntnll wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:46 pm
124thATCv2.0-a60RC34 uploaded.
I tried maybe 8-12 different flights and replicated all your crashing flights, I CAN'T reproduce the issue, that's really strange.
I either already fixed the bug in the RC34, or unable to find a way to replicate it.
No mayor fix, just minor fixes and improved efficiency.
I would say that I'm close to the release, if wouldn't for the crashes the users are reporting.
Going for GOT 8x05 now : )
Hi. I did two test flights in the Caribbean, TIST -> TISX, IFR, C172, auto STAR\SID. On first flight plugin crashed after T/O clearance, in the second I managed to TO but never been able to talk with Center after handoff from TWR.
bugReport2.tar.gz
bugReport1.tar.gz
btw, I did a third flight to TISX, all the same but this time departing from nearby Princess Juliana Int'l TNCM, with no issue at all. Therefore is my belief that there's something (in navdata?) for some airport that still has to be taken into account. As usual find both debug files for both problematic flights from TIST attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue May 14, 2019 10:11 am

doc124 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:32 am
Did my first test with RC34. No crashes. But I did have a similar experience to earlcw where it handed me off to approach an then quit vectoring me towards final or landing. No handoff to tower either. Instead, I kept flying further and further away and only being told to maintain my current altitude (FL150). I had to abandon ATC and pursue my own approach and landing using RNAV.
Thanks for the feedback. Can you please attach the bug report next time you'll face the issue?
124thATC Developer

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Tue May 14, 2019 3:20 pm

FYI Used RC34 last night and flew the CYOW-CYWG flight again this time without any problems thank you.

ZaHaDum1984

Post by ZaHaDum1984 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:21 pm

I have an issue with RC34. maybe somebody else has already discovered it.

I wanted to do a night flight with an A-320 (FlightFactor A-320 Ultimate in X-Plane 11.34 Steam) from EDLP to EDDM.

I requested FL 360 for cruise and recieved an initial FL of 090.
In the readback the pilot said "... initial flight level 360 ...", which was wrong of course.
Nevertheless the ATC answered with "... readback correct ...".
screenshot.png
I am about to become an ATC in VATSIM Germany's Langen FIR, which also controls EDLP. So you might understand that I was very confused, when I saw that.

chrispalf

Post by chrispalf » Wed May 15, 2019 5:15 pm

OK, so besides the wrong clearances I'm having NO crashes with RC33 or RC34 and I have tested with XP11.33 and today, 11.34. :D

I think some of my earlier crashes may have been data related. I'm using the .lua export from EFASS NG and this gives (too...) many waypoints and some are duplicates or very close to others. I would expect the script to strip out the Airways so the export just contains key turning points and airway change points. Instead it writes every single waypoint on the route. I have gone back to manually editing the route so as I just have key turning points and no crashes in around 8 flights.

Some observations:

1. I miss the ability to ask for a new altitude after ToD. This was very useful if you intended to skip a waypoint or two. Could it be put back?
2. I'm getting instructed to descend to odd descent altitudes, e.g. FL155 or FL151 even.
3. High altitude approaches can still give wrong descent clearances - for example the ILS at 3000' when the runway is at 7400'..... :cry:
4. 124th thinks "DCT" is a waypoint ID and reports it as a duplicte if you have more that one DCT in your flight plan!

Other than that I'm quite happy with RC34.

Regards, Chris

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed May 15, 2019 6:35 pm

I take advantage again to thanks everybody who is reporting, but I'm starting from now deleting any post without either a log.txt or at least relevant information for bug fixing. As stated dozens of time, your valuable reports become just useless without such information.

a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm

chrispalf wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:15 pm
OK, so besides the wrong clearances I'm having NO crashes with RC33 or RC34 and I have tested with XP11.33 and today, 11.34. :D

I think some of my earlier crashes may have been data related. I'm using the .lua export from EFASS NG and this gives (too...) many waypoints and some are duplicates or very close to others. I would expect the script to strip out the Airways so the export just contains key turning points and airway change points. Instead it writes every single waypoint on the route. I have gone back to manually editing the route so as I just have key turning points and no crashes in around 8 flights.

Some observations:

1. I miss the ability to ask for a new altitude after ToD. This was very useful if you intended to skip a waypoint or two. Could it be put back?
2. I'm getting instructed to descend to odd descent altitudes, e.g. FL155 or FL151 even.
3. High altitude approaches can still give wrong descent clearances - for example the ILS at 3000' when the runway is at 7400'..... :cry:
4. 124th thinks "DCT" is a waypoint ID and reports it as a duplicte if you have more that one DCT in your flight plan!

Regards, Chris
Thanks Chris,
I'll have a look into it. About the cleared altitude, it can be tricky, given the new descent function structure. Can you better explain in which scenario you would use the function? The altitude check should now address the flight into the mountain issue, so I can't see the the point off the
top of my head.
124thATC Developer

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Thu May 16, 2019 2:25 am

Flying from CYOW to CYYB today using RC34 after take off I didn't receive the cleared to climb to FL320 as expected. Manually requested a FL change to FL320 after passing the first way point and flying for sometime at 7000 ft. I never did get another command from ATC nor did I receive complaints as I descended and landed at CYYB.

vittop

Post by vittop » Thu May 16, 2019 10:38 am

I tried RC34 against Ottawa -> Winnipeg IFR route, which was tested by another user with no issue. I wanted to flew Laminar C90B IFR, on Linux PC. Unfortunately, plugin crashed after T/O authorization. The only "strange thing" I did was to set altimeter before reading back T/O authorization. Anyhow here is the debug
bugReport3.tar.gz

thanks

vittop

Post by vittop » Thu May 16, 2019 10:08 pm

ntnll wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm
chrispalf wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Some observations:

Regards, Chris
Thanks Chris,
I'll have a look into it. About the cleared altitude, it can be tricky, given the new descent function structure. Can you better explain in which scenario you would use the function? The altitude check should now address the flight into the mountain issue, so I can't see the the point off the
top of my head.
I too had the issue at point 3 like Chris describes. Today, while flying IFR from Cortez,CO to Aspen,CO at 14000 ft, approach cleared me to 3000 (!) while Aspen airport is at about 7800ft.