Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
doc124

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by doc124 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:37 am

In my last posting on May 14, I mentioned that I had a flight without crashing. Although there were some ATC issues. But I posted right after landing and parking. Unfortunately, I spoke too soon because when I exited the sim it crashed with the last line in the log referencing 124th ATC. I have attached the bug report and hope it helps you in some way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stewy81

Post by stewy81 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:14 am

I tested RC34 with x plane 11.34 and I really had no issues, got all my handoffs and landing clearance, hand off to ground went okay, but they told me to taxi to parking, hold short of RWY 27, spelled it out as R - W- Y 27 ..........I didn't need to cross depending on what parking it wanted me in since it never gave me a gate/ Stand to go to...........I went across 27 because was in front of me but did nothing when I held short as asked, also tried switching to tower but got nothing............not sure if you intended for hold short on landing and taxi back to gate, and if you wanted ground or tower to handle the crossing, but it never went further so here is the log. Route was KIND-KCVG and I chose random SID and STAR just to see how it all reacted. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri May 17, 2019 3:35 pm

stewy81 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:14 am
I tested RC34 with x plane 11.34 and I really had no issues, got all my handoffs and landing clearance, hand off to ground went okay, but they told me to taxi to parking, hold short of RWY 27, spelled it out as R - W- Y 27 ..........I didn't need to cross depending on what parking it wanted me in since it never gave me a gate/ Stand to go to...........I went across 27 because was in front of me but did nothing when I held short as asked, also tried switching to tower but got nothing............not sure if you intended for hold short on landing and taxi back to gate, and if you wanted ground or tower to handle the crossing, but it never went further so here is the log. Route was KIND-KCVG and I chose random SID and STAR just to see how it all reacted. Thanks
Hi stewy81,
the plugin doesn't still support the hold short runway.
So this is either:
- an incorrect WED parking definition in the destination airport
- a 124thATC bug, maybe caused by the new WED standard introduced by XP11.33.

Are you using a custom KCVG airport? I'll have a look, thanks for reporting.

a.
124thATC Developer

chrispalf

Post by chrispalf » Fri May 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi,

RC34 crashes XP after SID Selection from EBBR Runway 07R routing:

EBBR/07R NIK2J HELEN UL179 GILTI L179 LAM UN57 WELIN T420 TNT ALL.DAYN2A @ FL80.

Parking position S431.

Easy to reproduce and doesn't happen if I moved to a parking closer to 07L so that was the chosen runway. Suspected cause single point SID or something similar.

On my descent suggestion don't worry too much if its hard and could introduce new bugs but to explain I would ask for a lower altitude if I was going to skip the vectored way-points to avoid being given a very steep descent to the ILS.

Best, Chris

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Sat May 18, 2019 12:42 am

RC34 CYQY to CYSJ decending from FL360 just told to continue decent to 7500 when crashed. AIRAC Cycle is 1905 in case that helps.

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm

RC34 CYOW to CYQM during my decent to CYQM was holding at 15,500 when I crashed.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun May 19, 2019 3:25 pm

a60RC35 uploaded.
User experiencing crashes please try to disable the ground elevation option and see if that's the cause of your crashes. Please notice without the option enable you can be vectored in the mountains, be careful.
I suspect the ground elevation function can be the cause of the issues, but I'm still unable to replicate the issue, so I'm asking you guys help in order to confirm my theory.
124thATC Developer

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Sun May 19, 2019 4:44 pm

RC35 CYOW to CYQT

Plan
CYOW OW TAKOL UDGAK BEMOG NAGNO DASUG MEBSI URSUM NOTER CYQT

Installed RC35 changed the following default options: Use Sim Time to ON, Low Altitude Speed InHG on QNH off and finally Check Ground is Off

Filed flight plan then nothing no option to request IFR clearance.

Erased-Reinstalled-Loaded fresh copy of Navigraph 1905 into the navdata directory repeated the above again no option to request IFR clearance

Attached bugreport from second attempt. Using x-plane 11.34 with steam.

3rd Attempt without Navigraph data same result no dialog after filing flight plan.

vittop

Post by vittop » Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 pm

earlcw wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:44 pm
RC35 CYOW to CYQT

Plan
CYOW OW TAKOL UDGAK BEMOG NAGNO DASUG MEBSI URSUM NOTER CYQT

Installed RC35 changed the following default options: Use Sim Time to ON, Low Altitude Speed InHG on QNH off and finally Check Ground is Off

Filed flight plan then nothing no option to request IFR clearance.

Erased-Reinstalled-Loaded fresh copy of Navigraph 1905 into the navdata directory repeated the above again no option to request IFR clearance

Attached bugreport from second attempt. Using x-plane 11.34 with steam.
Same for me, tested plain flight plans from KGRF to KCLM and viceversa. 11.34 under linux, no answer from plugin after filing IFR clearance request from me. I noticed a line in the log.txt file says: "Error, found empty flight plan, fixTroncated not generated", could be this the point to look at. Anyhow please find the debug file attached.
bugReport.tar.gz

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun May 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Bug confirmed, I'll re-upload the 35 later.
a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun May 19, 2019 8:12 pm

a60RC35 rebuilt and uploaded.

a.
124thATC Developer

earlcw

Post by earlcw » Mon May 20, 2019 12:24 am

The new RC35 with ground detection turned off worked like a charm for the CYOW to CYQM flight that has been haunting me with crashes.

doc124

Post by doc124 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:03 am

Did two flights with RC35 and no crashes so far. In my second flight from KACY to KAGC it hands me over from center to approach but it tells me to contact Allegheny Approach on 337.40. Of course that frequency doesn't exist so I tried different frequencies from the charts and nothing works. The logs are attached.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon May 20, 2019 8:18 am

earlcw wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:24 am
The new RC35 with ground detection turned off worked like a charm for the CYOW to CYQM flight that has been haunting me with crashes.
Thanks earlcw. Can I ask your computer specs, memory, cpu, hd please?
doc124 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:03 am
Did two flights with RC35 and no crashes so far. In my second flight from KACY to KAGC it hands me over from center to approach but it tells me to contact Allegheny Approach on 337.40. Of course that frequency doesn't exist so I tried different frequencies from the charts and nothing works. The logs are attached.
Hi doc124 thanks. Is the destination airport a custom one?
124thATC Developer

vittop

Post by vittop » Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 am

ntnll wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:12 pm
a60RC35 rebuilt and uploaded.

a.
Tried twice flight from Aspen,CO (KASE) to KFTG (about 100mls away, near Denver,CO) with either ground detection on and then off. In both cases I was assigned an initial altitude of 7000ft while KASE is 7800+ ft. elevation. So, while climbing to requested 14000, I was ordered to descend to 7000 then to left turn 102 and descend at 3000ft. Debug file attached
bugReport.tar.gz
I then tried a circuit around Kathmandu airport VNKT, whose altitude is 4400ft.. got Same "3000ft." issue, so it looks like we've a problem with airports located at medium-high altitude. Debug file attached.
bugReport1.tar.gz
Last edited by vittop on Mon May 20, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.