Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
SHaneD

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version - Download and Feedback

Post by SHaneD » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:30 pm

Using RC57 on a flight between EGSS & EGPH, I encountered a problem where 124th didn't pick the closest intersection, this was on the STAR I was given (TWEED2C) following the route BLACA GIRVA D253J TLA, but 124th instead of picking the intersection D253J only 46Nm away (from GIRVA) 124th picked the intersection D253J (yes, same name) some 108.4 Nm away, fortunately I was on the ball and jumped over this mistake and carried on to land normally @ EGPH. I have checked the earth.fix file in the navdata folder and both intersections do exist.
right intersection.jpg
wrong intersection.jpg
bugReport.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Geoffcfp

Re: Release Candidate (RC) Version ac60R56 - Download and Feedback

Post by Geoffcfp » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:15 am

Did a brief flight into CYHM - Hamilton, ON. Canada and was guided in to land on RWY 24..However the available RWY was 30 - not 24. Fortunately it was an evening flight so runway lights helped out.

log.txt could not be attached as was too big 0 28 Mb

ruetzi

Post by ruetzi » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:00 pm

ntnll wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:28 pm
Hi all,
guys I'm not facing relevant bug since days, please if I forgot any relevant one, and didn't fixed it in the last RC version, please report back, and I'll have a look into it. As usual please attach bug report or at least Log.txt. As previously stated, I'm aiming to release the stable version this month.

Many thanks,
a.
Hi Antonello,
for this description (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17&start=600#p4587)
you may not have seen the BugReport yet. Or is there no solution for the problems described here?

Greeting
ruetzi

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 am

ruetzi wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:47 am
Now the bad news: After some hints of the cockpit voice to "Onethousand" comes the mountain face directly from the front. The impact can only be avoided by pressing the pause button. The "Kleiner Bratschenkopf" is 2686 meters high.

If you, dear Antonello, can get a handle on this, too, .....

Greeting
ruetzi

PS: If I am offered the SIDs when submitting the flight plan, it would be useful, to be able to change the offered RW at this point. Not only after selection of the SID and confirmation. Just like with the offer of the STARs.
But I cannot estimate how much effort this would cost.
Sorry mate I forgot to reply, I'll try to replicate it today along the other, thanks for reporting.

@Geoffcfp , I don't consider the incorrect runway assignation a bug, the algorithm is not perfect, but you can select an alternative runway. I'll try to improve it later in the next versions. Thanks for reporting anyway!

@SHaneD , thanks bug confirmed, I'll fix it in next build.

Thanks all,
a-

edit: introduced tagging completion function in the forum
124thATC Developer

ruetzi

Post by ruetzi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:32 pm

ntnll wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 am

Sorry mate I forgot to reply, I'll try to replicate it today along the other, thanks for reporting.
No hurry. In the mountains everything is a little more complicated.

I am pleased to be able to follow the development of the new version a60 so directly. It will be really fantastic.

Greeting
ruetzi

stewy81

Post by stewy81 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Trying out RC57 today with x plane 11.40. Had issues with 124th telling me to descend to 3600 feet continuously while displaying the restrictions for each waypoint as I had them on my flight documents......attached is screenshot from in sim and the bug report. My restrictions had min and max altitudes. Airac is 1911

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
X Plane 11.40RC1
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
32MB DDR 4 3200MHZ
GeForce 1080TI

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:12 pm

ruetzi wrote:
EDDN-LOWS again - now with RC51. First the good news: Descent to 7K will be announced and the flight leads further south. However - as also with the first flight - on another route than the LittleNavmap with STAR UNKE1R and WS834. (Anflug RNAV Y) for RW 33.

Now the bad news: After some hints of the cockpit voice to "Onethousand" comes the mountain face directly from the front. The impact can only be avoided by pressing the pause button. The "Kleiner Bratschenkopf" is 2686 meters high.

If you, dear Antonello, can get a handle on this, too, .....

Greeting
ruetzi

PS: If I am offered the SIDs when submitting the flight plan, it would be useful, to be able to change the offered RW at this point. Not only after selection of the SID and confirmation. Just like with the offer of the STARs.
Hi ruetzi,
I have replicated your flight, same STAR, all smooth. At the intersection with UNKEN I've been vectored left heading 085 to INPUL, then again left 020 for WS506, straight in the STAR:

My guess is that you was approaching the STAR too fast, or maybe ignored/reacted too late to the UNKEN vectoring? I reduced the speed as suggested by the plugin to 250, then 200 knots, and I didn't reached the mountain.

ruetzi wrote:
Regarding your request, feel free to file it here, I'll take in consideration it :)
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:43 pm

a60RC58 uploaded, fixing the Shane's bug. Thanks Shane for reporting it, good spot.

I'm having some issues with my service provider, for some reasons the updates url are getting access denied on CURL request (not from browsers :shock: ), so you'll probably will not be able to perform auto-updates from the plugin, please update manually for now, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
a.
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:25 pm

my lovely internet provider decided to suddenly remove support to curl user agent. I'm so forcing the firefox user agent in the plugin's curl requests, in order to provide compatibility to it.
The previous versions will not work anyway, but I rebuild the a60RC58 with the useragent support, so please, if you already downloaded before this post, please re-download it, in order to fix the not working auto-updates.
124thATC Developer

ruetzi

Post by ruetzi » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi Antonello,
thanks for the feedback and for the trouble you - unnecessarily - took with my problem. Have you also flown along the approximation fixes shown in my first picture? Or did you disable the creation of approximation fixes in the options of the plugin? When approaching the penultimate of these fixed points, I crashed. I flew to RW 33, which is the more difficult approach. It looks on your screenshots as if you flew to RW 15.

Greeting
ruetzi

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 pm

ruetzi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:42 pm
Hi Antonello,
thanks for the feedback and for the trouble you - unnecessarily - took with my problem. Have you also flown along the approximation fixes shown in my first picture? Or did you disable the creation of approximation fixes in the options of the plugin? When approaching the penultimate of these fixed points, I crashed. I flew to RW 33, which is the more difficult approach. It looks on your screenshots as if you flew to RW 15.

Greeting
ruetzi
Hi ruetzi, you're not troubling me at all, I appreciate your help in testing the plugin. I didn't get any approach, as I'm testing in the last weeks the new option for skip the approximation fixes. I'll re-test it with it enabled. Did you also tried the flight again? This log you sent (v2.0-a60RC50) is 8 builds far from the stable version (v2.0-a60RC58), you should update it and generally speaking always test everything on latest versions before report. Let me know if you have still issues on it! I'll post back with my tests too.

thanks,
A.
124thATC Developer

ruetzi

Post by ruetzi » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Just flown EDDN-LOWS again. Unfortunately only with rc57. But without activation of the approximation fixes. This time I was led over the airport to the south and before the 180 degree turn the descent to FL 53 was indicated. That looked right, but if I had not climbed to about 7000 feet shortly before the turn, the altitude would not have been sufficient. But so it became a smooth visual approach.

BugReport is attached

ruetzi

Post by ruetzi » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi,
during the following control of the Log.txt I noticed that the version rc44 was used.

After updating manually to version rc58 the same flight was done. The southern guidance just past the western mountains (without "onethousand") and this time with the turn to the left to the valley side. Sinking from 5300 to 4400 and uncomplicated sight landing.
This looks like a final version!
EDDN-LOWS_rc58.jpg
Stop - except for the fact that when changing to the tower the initial call was offered, but was neither written nor spoken by the tower. Also the landing permission was not written and not spoken. Only the ground control could be heard and read again.

Greeting
ruetzi

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:41 pm

stewy81 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:55 pm
Trying out RC57 today with x plane 11.40. Had issues with 124th telling me to descend to 3600 feet continuously while displaying the restrictions for each waypoint as I had them on my flight documents......attached is screenshot from in sim and the bug report. My restrictions had min and max altitudes. Airac is 1911

Thanks,
Hi stewy81,
I didn't forgot about your feedback, I didn't had time to replicate it, I'll go back to you ASAP ;)
124thATC Developer

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:42 pm

ruetzi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Stop - except for the fact that when changing to the tower the initial call was offered, but was neither written nor spoken by the tower. Also the landing permission was not written and not spoken. Only the ground control could be heard and read again.
Thanks ruetzi,
I noticed some similar glitches, I'll check it out.
a.
124thATC Developer