Thanks and a couple of newbie question

All other discussions related to 124thATC
Giovanni

Thanks and a couple of newbie question

Post by Giovanni » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 am

Hello everyone and thankyou Marcello for your work. Being a programmer myself I know how much work, dedication and attention are requested by this sort of works.

I'm pretty a newbie of Xplane 11 and 124thATCv2 as well. I have a couple questions. I read all user guide and FAQ before asking. If possibly answers are already provided (and I missed it) I apologize in advance.

1 - In case of abandoning the active flight plan (or not having anyone loaded) is it possible to define only destination? What if loading a flight plan while in flight? Would it be better to opt for an emergency landing?

2 - Is it possible to identify same airport as start and arrival?

I didn't try it myself yet because I'm too inexperienced to distinguish my own faults from un-supported features by the plug in.

ntnll

Re: Thanks and a couple of newbie question

Post by ntnll » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:57 am

Giovanni wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 am
Hello everyone and thankyou Marcello for your work. Being a programmer myself I know how much work, dedication and attention are requested by this sort of works.

I'm pretty a newbie of Xplane 11 and 124thATCv2 as well. I have a couple questions. I read all user guide and FAQ before asking. If possibly answers are already provided (and I missed it) I apologize in advance.

1 - In case of abandoning the active flight plan (or not having anyone loaded) is it possible to define only destination? What if loading a flight plan while in flight? Would it be better to opt for an emergency landing?

2 - Is it possible to identify same airport as start and arrival?

I didn't try it myself yet because I'm too inexperienced to distinguish my own faults from un-supported features by the plug in.
Hi Giovanni,

1- this functionality has been introduced in the .60 version, that right now is under testing (RC24, see dedicate post). Just tune the center frequency using the frequency selector, and request the clearence.

2- this also is a new feature of .60

Antonello (not Marcello :D )
124thATC Developer

Giovanni

Re: Thanks and a couple of newbie question

Post by Giovanni » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:55 pm

Sorry for the name error! For some reason I misplaced the name in my mind. :D

That's both great news. However if simply properly tuning the radio would make it working means definitely the logic is solid and well structured. Thank you. I need to get some confidence with the whole thing before trying the beta.

Cheers!