World Traffic 3 Integration

All other discussions related to 124thATC
alatriste79

World Traffic 3 Integration

Post by alatriste79 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 am

Hi,

This was posted a long time ago and there is not news, so should we assume that the process to make both plugins work together is still far in the future? Thanks!

ntnll

Re: World Traffic 3 Integration

Post by ntnll » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:59 am

alatriste79 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 am
Hi,

This was posted a long time ago and there is not news, so should we assume that the process to make both plugins work together is still far in the future? Thanks!
Hi Alatriste.
The integration is not easy, and right now I'm working on other bugs. There are different developers who contacted me asking to work on the integration of many other plugins. WT is definitely the most demanded from the community, so I'll definitely prioritize it over the others, but I didn't had time to neither have a look to it, so I can't estimate or even say the integration is viable. Definitely nothing to expect in the near future, I'm sorry : |
Last edited by ntnll on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
124thATC Developer

alatriste79

Post by alatriste79 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 am

No worries, I understand is not an easy task and probably there are more important bugs to be fixed at the moment. Good luck and thank you.

RandomUser

Post by RandomUser » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:10 pm

WT3 integration requires knowing the position and speed of its aircraft, but so far, such data has not been exposed by WT's developer for use by other plugins

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:33 pm

RandomUser wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:10 pm
WT3 integration requires knowing the position and speed of its aircraft, but so far, such data has not been exposed by WT's developer for use by other plugins
Thanks for your feedback RandomUser. I didn't know about this important lack of dataref exposure. I'll have a look back to the developer email I get some months ago
124thATC Developer

RandomUser

Post by RandomUser » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:03 pm

ntnll wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:33 pm
Thanks for your feedback RandomUser. I didn't know about this important lack of dataref exposure. I'll have a look back to the developer email I get some months ago
Well, you CAN use some data...

World Traffic is able to "take over" default XP11 AI aircraft to make them show up on the map or TCAS (see page 30 of the WT3 manual*) and the datarefs for position, speed, etc. for each of those 19 AI aircraft are readily accessible.
To trigger ATC dialogs for those 19 AI aircraft, you would have to create a set of rules that determine what the plane is doing based on the datarefs for each of those aircraft.

An advantage of this method is that it would also work without WT3, i.e. with the default XP11 AI controller or any other plufin like LiveTraffic having control over these aircraft.

A disadvantage is of course that you're limited to 19 AI aircraft surrounding the player.

* http://www.classicjetsims.com/downloads ... raffic.pdf