Does not follow flight plan

Support for any problem or bug related to 124thATC
Kingjaffejoffer

Does not follow flight plan

Post by Kingjaffejoffer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello,

I'm wondering if this is a known issue or if i'm doing something wrong. Currently flying from MYNN-KJFK with the following route (ZQA G437 ELBOW OHLAA AR24 DIW WETRO CEBEE SWL J121 SIE CAMRN4). Even though I have "reduce vector heading" disable, i'm getting calls from ATC every 5 minutes to turn to a certain heading (even though the aircraft is already following this heading via the FMS).

I have read the README and checked the forums and the only thing I could find related is that the plugin may not pick up on certain waypoints therefore it ignores them and offers a "direct to" instead.

Also another minor issue, since takeoff I haven't been handed over to any other control centers (Miami, Jacksonville, New York, etc.) Is this normal?
I tried to attach log.txt and screenshot, however it stated the board attachment quota has been reached.

ntnll

Re: Does not follow flight plan

Post by ntnll » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:52 pm

Kingjaffejoffer wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:55 pm
Hello,

I'm wondering if this is a known issue or if i'm doing something wrong. Currently flying from MYNN-KJFK with the following route (ZQA G437 ELBOW OHLAA AR24 DIW WETRO CEBEE SWL J121 SIE CAMRN4). Even though I have "reduce vector heading" disable, i'm getting calls from ATC every 5 minutes to turn to a certain heading (even though the aircraft is already following this heading via the FMS).

I have read the README and checked the forums and the only thing I could find related is that the plugin may not pick up on certain waypoints therefore it ignores them and offers a "direct to" instead.

Also another minor issue, since takeoff I haven't been handed over to any other control centers (Miami, Jacksonville, New York, etc.) Is this normal?
I tried to attach log.txt and screenshot, however it stated the board attachment quota has been reached.
Hi Kingjaffejoffer,
you should be able to attach up to 50mb, that's the user quota, and you don't have other messages increasing your quota limits. What's the size of the file you're trying to attach?

What the heading indicator shows when you get vectored? Are you controlling in the flight information if you're actually reaching the waypoints? Is your flight plan identical to the 124thatc's flight plan showed in the flight information?

ACC handoff is calculated using the closest airport found in the area, so is not 100% accurate, and can sometimes generate incorrect/missing handoff. Where are you, and what is exactly the expected acc while facing such missing handover?
124thATC Developer

Kingjaffejoffer

Post by Kingjaffejoffer » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:08 pm

I was trying to attach the log text and a screenshot. Both were much less than 50MB. I attached the screenshot to this reply, please let me know if you see it.

To answer your questions, I figured the plugin would follow my flight plan so I continued to just follow my flight plan as filed regardless of the instructions ATC was giving. The flight plan was identical to what was in the FMS. When I was having these issues I was flying from Nassau, Bahamas to JFK in New York. Since the handoffs are based on airport proximity, I can understand this since some of the flight was over ocean. I did finally get handed off to Washington Center when I was over land, however it never handed me off to New York center, rather handing me over to "JFK Approach".

Again if this is all accurate then that's fine, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong to cause the issue.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Kingjaffejoffer wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:08 pm
I was trying to attach the log text and a screenshot. Both were much less than 50MB. I attached the screenshot to this reply, please let me know if you see it.

To answer your questions, I figured the plugin would follow my flight plan so I continued to just follow my flight plan as filed regardless of the instructions ATC was giving. The flight plan was identical to what was in the FMS. When I was having these issues I was flying from Nassau, Bahamas to JFK in New York. Since the handoffs are based on airport proximity, I can understand this since some of the flight was over ocean. I did finally get handed off to Washington Center when I was over land, however it never handed me off to New York center, rather handing me over to "JFK Approach".

Again if this is all accurate then that's fine, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong to cause the issue.
Hi Kingjaffejoffer,
I can't see your screenshot. You can use https://imgbb.com/ in order to create embedded images.
Have you tried using different extension, like .zip, or .txt, etc?
124thATC Developer