Wind speed at altitude

Support for any problem or bug related to 124thATC
frayedends

Wind speed at altitude

Post by frayedends » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 pm

I've looked in here to see if anyone has reported this and having found anything, so I'll bring it up. When at altitude, the plugin seems to be pulling wind data from the METAR.rwx file for either the departure or destination airport at ground level, and doesn't take into account the upper winds aloft. What results is when you have a crosswind of enough strength, the wind correction angle isn't correct for the actual winds experienced, so you get constant messages to turn to heading xxx, over and over.

This may be working as intended, but hoping someone has some feedback as to how to either ignore the plugin's heading request, or get it to pull the upper altitude winds. Here's screenshot to show the differences, although in this example it's not a lot of heading deflection, it does get to be when the crosswind is at a higher angle.

I understand also that the plugin ignores winds below 10kts or so for determining the runway assignment, but when using with other plugins like World Traffic, it ends up with a conflict sometimes.

ntnll

Re: Wind speed at altitude

Post by ntnll » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 pm

frayedends wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 pm
I've looked in here to see if anyone has reported this and having found anything, so I'll bring it up. When at altitude, the plugin seems to be pulling wind data from the METAR.rwx file for either the departure or destination airport at ground level, and doesn't take into account the upper winds aloft. What results is when you have a crosswind of enough strength, the wind correction angle isn't correct for the actual winds experienced, so you get constant messages to turn to heading xxx, over and over.

This may be working as intended, but hoping someone has some feedback as to how to either ignore the plugin's heading request, or get it to pull the upper altitude winds. Here's screenshot to show the differences, although in this example it's not a lot of heading deflection, it does get to be when the crosswind is at a higher angle.

I understand also that the plugin ignores winds below 10kts or so for determining the runway assignment, but when using with other plugins like World Traffic, it ends up with a conflict sometimes.
Hi frayedends,
I don't see screenshots or logs. Did you tried reducing heading instruction in the options, and uncheck the wind correction angle calculation as well?

a.
124thATC Developer

frayedends

Post by frayedends » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:47 am

Sorry, I get an error trying to attach it. says "board attachment quota has been reached.

Here's dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9z8ap9yqz89t3 ... 8.png?dl=0

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:55 pm

frayedends wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:47 am
Sorry, I get an error trying to attach it. says "board attachment quota has been reached.

Here's dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9z8ap9yqz89t3 ... 8.png?dl=0
Hi frayedends,
I'll have a look thaks,

a.
124thATC Developer