Need Descend Now option in Dialog

Support for any problem or bug related to 124thATC
mdapol

Need Descend Now option in Dialog

Post by mdapol » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:04 am

Hi, really enjoy your product however there is one addition that is needed. Often I arrive at Top of Descent before ATC has instructed me to descend. If I descend, ATC wants me to return to cruise altitude, but if I don't descend I will not maintain my descent profile. Also, if I descend according to my descent profile and ignore the ATC, it never hands me off to Tower so I just have to ignore it from that point on. The ATC dialog box needs an option during cruise to Request Descent which would solve this problem. Thanks

Rafalec

Re: Need Descend Now option in Dialog

Post by Rafalec » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:28 pm

mdapol wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:04 am
Hi, really enjoy your product however there is one addition that is needed. Often I arrive at Top of Descent before ATC has instructed me to descend. If I descend, ATC wants me to return to cruise altitude, but if I don't descend I will not maintain my descent profile. Also, if I descend according to my descent profile and ignore the ATC, it never hands me off to Tower so I just have to ignore it from that point on. The ATC dialog box needs an option during cruise to Request Descent which would solve this problem. Thanks
Very good Idea.

Bulva

Post by Bulva » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:47 pm

In the ATC dialog you can ask to change the altitude (Request cruising altitude change), but ATC often does not agree. ;-)

I think, the idea by mdapol is be very good.

mdapol

Post by mdapol » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:25 am

You can use the altitude change to go lower but it won't put you in descent mode and you won't be handed off to Approach unless 124th ATC initiates it. I've tried this several times and it just doesn't work unless you violate your own vnav profile.

qfmusiq

Post by qfmusiq » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:09 pm

Great Idea!!
It doesnt work for me also, once i reach top of decent i dont think i can ask to change altitude.

dougjuk

Post by dougjuk » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:38 am

I tried this plugin for the first time yesterday, I like it very much but I need to sort a few issues. one of them is this one that you are discussing. The ATC missed the decent and I left it for quite a bit until I just went for it. The ATC kept trying to get me to climb back to Fl230 even when directly above the destination airport.

I ignored the ATC and went down wind following normal procedures for this airport then the ATC kicked back in correctly.

So far my issue is only with the Centre which keeps doing odd things like this.

regards

Doug

dougjuk

Post by dougjuk » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:11 am

Just as an update I flew the same leg again after replanning etc. Instead of being told to defend down to 4000 feet overhead the airfield which is part of the STAR it tried to keep me at FL230 overhead.

I ignored it again and flew the standard approach, ATC failed completely asking me to climb to FL230 when I was on the ILS, then handed me to tower which did not respond.

I am going to leave it for now it does not work for me.

Doug