Character Limit for Flightplan?

Support for any problem or bug related to 124thATC
Neil_R

Character Limit for Flightplan?

Post by Neil_R » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Does anyone know if the flightplan entry dialogue box is limited to 511 characters?

I created a flight plan using Little Navmap from Larnaca, LCLK to London Heathrow, EGLL.

Once this was loaded in the FMS, I then successfully used the Import from FMS button to load it into the flightplan dialogue box.

At this point X-Plane kept crashing.

When importing from the FMS, the altitude of every waypoint is also imported. This makes the text string for the plan very long. When I opened the LastFlightPlan.txt file, I saw that the flightplan was truncated and was 511 characters long.

I attach the lastflighplan.txt file for reference
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neil_R

Re: Character Limit for Flightplan?

Post by Neil_R » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi @ntnll. Glad to see you're better and contributing on the forum again.

Did you see this question?

I've also now got another related question. Sometimes if you generate a plan with many waypoints, but within the 511 character limit, when you bring up the skip to waypoint the dialogue box is too big for the display and you cannot access the buttons for the waypoints at the bottom of the box.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

ntnll

Re: Character Limit for Flightplan?

Post by ntnll » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:59 pm

Neil_R wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:51 pm
Hi @ntnll. Glad to see you're better and contributing on the forum again.

Did you see this question?

I've also now got another related question. Sometimes if you generate a plan with many waypoints, but within the 511 character limit, when you bring up the skip to waypoint the dialogue box is too big for the display and you cannot access the buttons for the waypoints at the bottom of the box.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Hi Neil,
the limit if I correctly remember was due to the TextField provided by X-Plane SDK, not sure about that but I believe if I set buffer limit, was because there were some restrictions on SDK-side. At the time unfortunately there is nothing you can do for it.
124thATC Developer