Heading deviation

Support for any problem or bug related to 124thATC
fleurenf

Heading deviation

Post by fleurenf »

Greetings all,

I am testing out the 124th ATC and works quite well but when I have the GPS 530 engaged following the route, the 124th ATC keeps on requesting me to change the heading by about 4 to 5 degrees..

In the options I varied the heading error tolerance but does not have any affect.

Any advise on this as the gps also accounts for wind direction etc.
Perhaps the command ‘resume own navigation’ might be the answer as an implementation.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Fred.

System specs: Dell Inspiron i7 8th Gen Quad core|2.8-3.2Ghz| 8gb RAM|4gb VRAM Radeon 530 and Intel 630 graphics
RandomUser

Re: Heading deviation

Post by RandomUser »

To avoid these issues, I check my route in Little Navmap and enter all waypoints into 124th ATC's flight plan window that produce a heading change of more than 5 degrees. This usually keeps ATC quiet.
ntnll

Post by ntnll »

RandomUser wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:56 pm To avoid these issues, I check my route in Little Navmap and enter all waypoints into 124th ATC's flight plan window that produce a heading change of more than 5 degrees. This usually keeps ATC quiet.
Thanks mate, I appreciate your contributes, that's the spirit of the forum. You're one of the few that are actively contributing posting answer and not just questions
fleurenf wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:14 am Greetings all,

I am testing out the 124th ATC and works quite well but when I have the GPS 530 engaged following the route, the 124th ATC keeps on requesting me to change the heading by about 4 to 5 degrees..

In the options I varied the heading error tolerance but does not have any affect.

Any advise on this as the gps also accounts for wind direction etc.
Perhaps the command ‘resume own navigation’ might be the answer as an implementation.
Thanks in advance.
Hi mate,
in theory, if autopilot is detected, you should not hear vectoring at all (unless on approach phase). Is autopilot detected by 124 while engaged? Please check it on the on screen information. Also please check the autopilot code you get, if the autopilot is not detected, I can add the code to the autopilot codes list. You can find these info in the onscreen information overlay.

cheers,
a.
124thATC Developer
RandomUser

Post by RandomUser »

ntnll wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:26 pm Thanks mate, I appreciate your contributes, that's the spirit of the forum. You're one of the few that are actively contributing posting answer and not just questions
Thanks, a!
in theory, if autopilot is detected, you should not hear vectoring at all (unless on approach phase). Is autopilot detected by 124 while engaged? Please check it on the on screen information. Also please check the autopilot code you get, if the autopilot is not detected, I can add the code to the autopilot codes list. You can find these info in the onscreen information overlay.
Normally, it isn't ATC's task to vector at all unless necessary (e.g. vectored departure or arrival, usually when no SID/STAR is used).
When a flight plan was filed, departure control (still missing and needs to be implemented, btw) will normally vector aircraft onto their route (unless flying a SID) and then tell them to "resume own navigation" upon leaving the airport's airpace. Only when deviating from a route laterally by a lot (like +/- 5 nm) ATC asks if everything is alright and offer vectors back onto track or other assistance.