RCs public previews

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
johnbla

Re: RCs public previews

Post by johnbla » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:19 am

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to it.
John

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:07 am

jkeye wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:02 am
jkeye wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:03 pm
Hi Antonello
I flew EGKk BIG EGLL.
On reaching BIG I was told to expect Rwy 27R BIG 1E approach and vectored away from BIG to 180 degrees.
I never heard from ATC again until I used the ATC dialog to choose the ILS as the next waypoint.
Please could you help?I have attached my Log file
Thanks
Jay
I've been a bit confused as to how STARS work in 124th ATC.
On reaching BIG and being told to expect BIG 1E STAR to 27R am I right to believe that further vectors will be to the first waypoint of the STAR (LOGAN) or does ATC expect me to do this myself (if that's the case wouldn't the terminology be "Fly BIG 1E"?)
Jay
I need to reproduce the issue, I'll try to make your flight and give you a feedback. Working hard and busy in the next release tough...
Rafalec wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:24 pm
Thanks for your work .
Thank you so much mate, I really appreciate grateful people like you.

argonius wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:32 pm
ntnll wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:33 am
I took advanteg for add the following new features:
- 0000320: [Interface] Manual SID/STAR selection option added - resolved.
That is excellent news! Does this include RWY selection, I'd assume it does?

BR
Christian
It already does! On the read-back dialog after communication the runway, you have a "change runway" button. Also on arrival airport, when the landing RW is communicated ;)
RandomUser wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm
Hi,
hopefully the bugfixes include the broken center handoffs that I've encountered in RC6.
Other than that, my experience with the release candidates for a60 was positive so far.
Since I can't create a thread in the "Suggestions" forum:
What about adding text to speech support for Linux and Mac? Or is that already possible?
If not, MaryTTS might be an interesting solution since it only requires Java as a dependency and offers multiple voices.
http://mary.dfki.de/
It should be addressed.
Unfortunately X-Plane doesn't provide TTS on Linux, is a limitation of XP. I can try to write a custom function but it will requires time, and unfortunately now I have big priority ahead. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, I'll have a look to the project.
The suggestion forum is locked because I'm trying to concentrate the suggestions in the brainstorm page, linked in the thread. Please use it for any suggestion.

argonius

Post by argonius » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 pm

ntnll wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:07 am
It already does! On the read-back dialog after communication the runway, you have a "change runway" button. Also on arrival airport, when the landing RW is communicated ;)
This I know. I should have been more precise with my question: Will it be possible to select STAR/SID and Dep/Arr RWY at the time when filing the flight plan?

Cheers
C.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 am

argonius wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 pm
ntnll wrote:
This I know. I should have been more precise with my question: Will it be possible to select STAR/SID and Dep/Arr RWY at the time when filing the flight plan?

Cheers
C.
Yes for departure. The arrival will be chosen in flight

RandomUser

Post by RandomUser » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:12 pm

ntnll wrote:
It should be addressed.
Unfortunately X-Plane doesn't provide TTS on Linux, is a limitation of XP. I can try to write a custom function but it will requires time, and unfortunately now I have big priority ahead. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, I'll have a look to the project.
The suggestion forum is locked because I'm trying to concentrate the suggestions in the brainstorm page, linked in the thread. Please use it for any suggestion.
MaryTTS is an external tool and platform independent as long as the OS can run Java. As far as I know, only ATIS uses text to speech in X-Plane. XP's ATC uses defined WAV files for audio output. Input to MaryTTS is similar to input for Windows' TTS.
I've added the suggestion to the brainstorming page.

Anyway, looking forward to the next release.

P.S: It would be helpful if a few older RC versions of 124th ATC can be downloaded from Dropbox. I'd like to downgrade to RC5, but the link in the first post just points to RC6.

Rafalec

Post by Rafalec » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:19 pm

ntnll wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 am
argonius wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 pm
ntnll wrote:

Cheers
C.
Yes for departure. The arrival will be chosen in flight
Hello, i have installed .60RC5 but i don't find how to choose SID ?

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:26 am

RandomUser wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Anyway, looking forward to the next release.

P.S: It would be helpful if a few older RC versions of 124th ATC can be downloaded from Dropbox. I'd like to downgrade to RC5, but the link in the first post just points to RC6.
The dropbox files are still shared, just modify the link in order to refer to the version you would like to obtain, in this case 6 for whatever:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j4vphgo1lwth ... 6.zip?dl=0

Rafalec wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:19 pm
Hello, i have installed .60RC5 but i don't find how to choose SID ?
This feature is under development, it will be released in either RC7 or the final .60.
Unfortunately this new function requires deep changes on the code, thus more time. I'm trying to code everyday in order to release it asap.

jkeye

Terminology for STAR

Post by jkeye » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:36 am

When contacting approach I'm told to "expect ** STAR" but get no further vectors.
Is it possible to obtain vectors to the STAR?

RandomUser

Post by RandomUser » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:16 pm

ntnll wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:26 am
The dropbox files are still shared, just modify the link in order to refer to the version you would like to obtain, in this case 6 for whatever:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j4vphgo1lwth ... 6.zip?dl=0
That doesn't work because of the unique hash mark in the link (in case of RC6: "6j4vphgo1lwthjr"). If you don't know the hash of the previous version's link, you won't get anywhere.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 am

RandomUser wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:16 pm
That doesn't work because of the unique hash mark in the link (in case of RC6: "6j4vphgo1lwthjr"). If you don't know the hash of the previous version's link, you won't get anywhere.
You are right. I re-linked that in the first post, for your convenience : )

johnbla

Post by johnbla » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:47 am

ntnll wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:13 am
Rafalec wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 pm
ntnll wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Sorry John, not sure to understand.

RC6 available, link on top
John ask if it is possible to add the word "to" when plugin ask to descend to flight level.
Thanks
Sorry guys, not native English speaker here, I didn't get you.
Definitely a good spot John, easy to fix, probably in the .60 final.

Cheers,
a.
Hi
I am using the latest beta and I notice that you have inserted "to" ascend, however it is not inserted before descend.

Please let me know if you cannot understand this.
Thanks
John

RandomUser

Post by RandomUser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 pm

ntnll wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 am
You are right. I re-linked that in the first post, for your convenience : )
Works just fine now. Mille grazie!

Rafalec

Post by Rafalec » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:24 pm

So, what are the news ?

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:48 am

Rafalec wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:24 pm
So, what are the news ?
I Rafalec,
there are some delays due some bugs I found on the SID/STAR function. Unfortunately, guessing times in C development is quite tough. But I'm working on it every day. I expect to release the next RC in the next hours, probably before Sunday. So probably for see the release, we need to wait at least other two weeks.
Version .60 brings a lot of really important updates, and is the first update in months, I want to be sure to make the proper tests in order to ship a stable release. I'll keep the thread updated.

Cheers,
a.