RCs public previews

Forum dedicated to the alpha, beta, and RC versions
ntnll

RCs public previews

Post by ntnll » Wed May 30, 2018 10:19 am

I decided to provide public access to the RC versions. It would be nice to have feedbacks from the community, and it will be prevent the alpha/beta testing program to be spammed. I'll post the new RCs here, as soon them will be available. The releases will be published through the default channels, as usual.

No support will be provided for any RC version, but feel free to post relevant feed-back in this thread.

edit:
Last RC build .60RC6 preview availabe here, change log here.

Previous RC 6 builds:
rc5
rc4
rc3
rc2
rc1
Last edited by ntnll on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

argonius

STAR and descent instructions

Post by argonius » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:11 am

Hi Antonello

I did a IFR flight from NZCH to NZQN (GUPUT SUNAR UPNIX ELRUV) using 60RC1. ATC has assigned STAR ELRUV 2A and RWY05 for landing in NZQN.
Some miles ahead of ELRUV I was instructed to leave cruise level FL210 and descend to FL170. Between EVOX and KASLU I was instructed to descend to 9000ft, but according to STAR, KASLU should be crossed between FL160-FL170. Thus I have ignored ATC this time and followed the vertical profile of the STAR. At AVGER ATC asked for an expedite descent to 9000ft, although the next waypoint IBABU should be crossed at FL100-120.

I wonder why the ATC plugin instructs descents to altitudes that are lower than those of the STAR? If a STER is used, why don't you follow the alt restrictions of the STAR?

Cheers
Christian

ntnll

Re: STAR and descent instructions

Post by ntnll » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:24 pm

argonius wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:11 am
Hi Antonello

I did a IFR flight from NZCH to NZQN (GUPUT SUNAR UPNIX ELRUV) using 60RC1. ATC has assigned STAR ELRUV 2A and RWY05 for landing in NZQN.
Some miles ahead of ELRUV I was instructed to leave cruise level FL210 and descend to FL170. Between EVOX and KASLU I was instructed to descend to 9000ft, but according to STAR, KASLU should be crossed between FL160-FL170. Thus I have ignored ATC this time and followed the vertical profile of the STAR. At AVGER ATC asked for an expedite descent to 9000ft, although the next waypoint IBABU should be crossed at FL100-120.

I wonder why the ATC plugin instructs descents to altitudes that are lower than those of the STAR? If a STER is used, why don't you follow the alt restrictions of the STAR?

Cheers
Christian
Hi Chris,
thanks for your feedback.
The SID and STAR function do not support yet the FL discovery. I'll probably extend this feataure in the next version.

ntnll

Re: Alpha and Beta testing RC public preview

Post by ntnll » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:25 pm

New .60RC2 preview availabe here, change log here.

argonius

Post by argonius » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:56 pm

ntnll wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:24 pm
The SID and STAR function do not support yet the FL discovery. I'll probably extend this feataure in the next version.
IMHO this would be a great feature!

Some feedback on .60RC2:
  • My first impression is, that STAR discovery works much better now, for the first time ever I got a STAR when approaching LSZH.Thank you! :)
  • Do you perform terrain height check also for departures? Take-off from LSZS Runway 03. There are no departure procedures for this airport. You need to fly along the valley until you are high enough (>12000ft) before turning north/south. After take-off soon ATC has asked be to turn left. If I had done that, I would have crashed into the mountains.
  • The initial descent instruction comes very early if you compare with TOD calculation of FMS and STAR altitudes.
  • Transition STAR to final approach: I was flying to LSGS. STAR discovery worked, giving me VADAR 1N for RWY25. But at the end of STAR at GRANA,the plugin started to give some weird vectoring calls instead of following the procedure for RWY25 (http://www.vacc.ch/file/60).
Keep up your great work! :)

Cheers
C.

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:57 am

argonius wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:56 pm
ntnll wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:24 pm
IMHO this would be a great feature!

Some feedback on .60RC2:
  • My first impression is, that STAR discovery works much better now, for the first time ever I got a STAR when approaching LSZH.Thank you! :)
  • Do you perform terrain height check also for departures? Take-off from LSZS Runway 03. There are no departure procedures for this airport. You need to fly along the valley until you are high enough (>12000ft) before turning north/south. After take-off soon ATC has asked be to turn left. If I had done that, I would have crashed into the mountains.
  • The initial descent instruction comes very early if you compare with TOD calculation of FMS and STAR altitudes.
  • Transition STAR to final approach: I was flying to LSGS. STAR discovery worked, giving me VADAR 1N for RWY25. But at the end of STAR at GRANA,the plugin started to give some weird vectoring calls instead of following the procedure for RWY25 (http://www.vacc.ch/file/60).
Keep up your great work! :)

Cheers
C.
Thanks for the feedback Chris!
I defintely fixed a bug on the STAR function that was preventing the STAR lookup in certain airports, thanks to your reporting.
I'm still working on it the new altitude feature. To find the correct balance in this function looks really complicated. For now I'm checking only the descent phase, I'll eventually extend it on departure phase as well, probably when I'll work on the SID/STAR altitude restrictions.
I noticed also the T/D is a bit premature, I'll check it out. Rememeber you can influence this calculation raising "Expected descent vertical speed" value in the flight plan or options. I'll check it anyway.
Can you please share you LSGS flight plan? I'll try to reproduce it.

argonius

Post by argonius » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:33 am

ntnll wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:57 am
Can you please share you LSGS flight plan? I'll try to reproduce it.
LSZH SID VEBIT T50 ROTOS UZ669 VADAR STAR LSGS
STAR: VADAR 1N, Approach: IGS RWY25

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 pm

New RC3 built, link on the first post

netwalker007

Post by netwalker007 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi Antonello,

unfortunately my Xplane crashes immediately.
My plane is standing on the runway at Munich airport.
I requested an FL for the following flight plan (3):

EDDM ROTAX UNKEN REDBU LOWS

The relevant part of log.txt you can find in the attachment.

XP 11.21, WIN 10 prof.

Cheers

Zoltan
Attachments
Crash.txt
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

argonius

Post by argonius » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:06 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 pm
Thanks for this. I am not sure what has changed compared to RC2, the change log is still the same. In any case I didn't notice any difference concerning the LSGS approach mentioned above.
I think it would be beneficial for all, if you could provide a some more detailed change history for the RC version.

Cheers
C

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 am

argonius wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:06 pm
admin wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 pm
Thanks for this. I am not sure what has changed compared to RC2, the change log is still the same. In any case I didn't notice any difference concerning the LSGS approach mentioned above.
I think it would be beneficial for all, if you could provide a some more detailed change history for the RC version.

Cheers
C
Hi argonius,
Thanks for your feedback. I write more detailed descriptions for the tester group. This post is just for have a preview of the RC version. If you want to contribute to the testing, consider to join the testers group

netwalker007

Post by netwalker007 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 am

Hi,

after new installing the plugin the last test version is working.

Cheers

Zoltan

stewy81

Post by stewy81 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:51 am

Just tried to use the RC3 and at the flight plan insert button pushed it crashed x plane. I'll attach the bug zip and the x plane log

I'm able to use the stable version with this flight plan no problem.

KEUG N0300A150 EUG9 SAGIN V23 MOURN V121 OED V23 FOLDS T263 SGD V108 CROIT V195 OAK V107 DECOT KSJC

Thanks
Attachments
bugReport.7z
(14.8 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Log.txt
x plane log
(93.28 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

ivo

Post by ivo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 am

Hello to all. My first post.

Some feedback on .60RC2:

- Wrong SID (LDSP rwy05, the plugin choose SID for ryw23.)
- "T/D" too early (can we do it manually)

ntnll

Post by ntnll » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:39 pm

ivo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 am
Hello to all. My first post.

Some feedback on .60RC2:

- Wrong SID (LDSP rwy05, the plugin choose SID for ryw23.)
- "T/D" too early (can we do it manually)
Hi Ivo,
thanks for report the bug.
Please attach at least the Log.txt (enable debug mode in the plugin options).
I can't help or fix the issue without it.